NHL 2022-2023 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 28, 2022.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The NHL Starts in a week and a half with the Sharks and Predators playing in the global series (Maybe, there's some political things that might prevent that) and I've started watching some preseason games. I think the Sharks are not going to be good this year, but I am still looking forward to the season. Hopefully the Sharks surprise and are not entirely awful.

2. tomalak301

It's nice to watch Hockey on a Friday Morning. Happy the season is back.

3. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Sharks have some pieces. They'll be competitive.

4. Tuesday

Tuesday Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kris Letang out indefinitely after suffering a stroke. He's not experiencing any lasting effects though. He also had a stroke in 2014 which caused him to miss two months.

6. tomalak301

Scary stuff. I hope he might consider retirement for the sake of his health. He has nothing else to prove.

that game between Seattle and LA last night might be my favorite game of the year. So many goals and Seattle still needed 9 to win.

7. Tuesday

Quarter way into season and didn't figure Boston and New Jersey to be killing it haha...

8. tomalak301

New Jersey is a fun team to watch. Boston finally lost a game at home tonight.

Tuesday likes this.
  9. Tuesday

Yeah but I always consider those regular season overtime/shootout losses as ties since we'll never see 3 on 3 or shootouts in the playoffs

I always liked Lindy Ruff as a coach but didn't think it'd be like this by second year haha and Boston I thought would regress because of the change in coaching...oh well‍♂️

10. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

24 year old Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin suffered an emergency medical episode during the 1st quarter of their nationally covered game against the Bengals, in Cincinatti tonight. Game suspended until further notice.

It was pretty harrowing to see. He stood up after a rather ferocious tackle, & then immediately collapsed. Reports were that he was seen receiving attempts at chest reviving or CPR, & after some significant time getting paramedic treatment, was taken away by ambulance to the local trauma center a couple miles away, and is reported in critical condition at this time.

If they were giving him CPR, then it's a fair bet his heart stopped, which means there was very near a death on the field of play tonight, (& may yet still turn out that way) However, there were rumors going around that as they loaded him in the ambulance, they'd placed an oxygen mask on him, which gives some reason to be hopeful that they at least got his heart beating (No reason to give supplemental oxygen if he's still in arrest)

This is bad though. His mother & other members of his family were said to be at the game. Staff & Team members from both teams retreated from the field together, without any comment, before which they were shown numerous times praying together & visibly brought to tears & panic.

The latest report is that he's been intubated, and not breathing on his own, and put into sedated sleep, but that his vitals are stabilized, while they run further tests

I've never seen the like in American football in my lifetime. Some medical experts are hypothesizing commotio cordis, where a traumatic blow to the chest at just the right time during the cardiac cycle can trigger a disruption

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  11. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow. Kraken beat the Bruins, 3-0. Wasn't expecting that even after 6 wins in a row.

Tuesday likes this.
  12. tomalak301

They played close to a perfect game last night. That was incredibly fun to watch. They are a legit good hockey team.

Tuesday likes this.
  13. Tuesday

As good as Seattle and Boston playing I think by end of season they'll level out and other teams will start to catch up such as Calgary Edmonton in the west and New York in the east...thinking Winnipeg keeps rolling strong as they are getting healthier and Dallas and Vegas also level out too...

14. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Surprisingly, Seattle beat up on Vancouver yesterday. Didn't expect that to happen, nor to have the score they did. Kraken are making a big splash it seems this year.

Tuesday likes this.
  15. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Just loving seeing the Bruins dominate. Not too worried about single losses in such a high variance game, there's bound to be regression toward the mean. Having a 10 point lead on the entire rest of the league is pretty ridiculous.

Only hoping the variance doesn't bite us in the playoffs like it has in the past.

Tuesday likes this.
  16. Tuesday

Yeah thinking both Boston and Seattle will regress a bit but not much...

17. tomalak301

That game between Seattle and Boston a few weeks ago was one of the best games of the season. Seattle's defense just shut Boston down and played a near perfect game.

Tuesday likes this.
  18. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Higher scoring era it may be, but it's still crazy to see Connor McDavid reach 150 points in a season. 10 years ago, it would've been easy to say such a feat would never be done again.

19. BlueStuff

63 wins - that's the all-time record. I didn't see that coming.

20. BlueStuff

The passage of time… Jonathan Toews will play his final game for the Blackhawks and maybe his last NHL game tonight. Seems like only yesterday he was lifting his 3rd Cup.