new viral website(s) for Tropic Thunder

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Pensive, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This movie has some of the best viral marketing in comedic history.

The Official Online Presence For Kirk Lazarus

one of the Filmography listings links to Satan's Alley (not the musical from Staying Alive), a drama starring 20-time winner Kirk Lazarus and Tobey Maguire. :devil:

I wish they'd put the trailer up so we can continue making Wonder Boys and "omg Tony Stark slept with Peter Parker" jokes :rommie:

2. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

After seeing The Dark Knight, this is the movie I am most looking forward to see next. It's really odd, but it looks like it could be great.

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not exactly a cast you'd expect to see together -- Robert Downey Jr., Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Nick Nolte, Steve Coogan... and someone whose cameo might go missed if you don't know it's him because of all the makeup he's under.

4. Pensive

rainofmadness.com is also hilarious--they just added a behind-the-scenes interview with RDJ as Kirk Lazarus as Sgt. Lincoln Osiris ;)

At first I thought Stiller/Black/RDJ was a weird combo because they all do such different types of comedy. But now, it feels as natural as anything.

Aragorn, are you talking about Justin Theroux?

5. Aragorn

No, this someone is much, much, much bigger.

6. TheBrew

Tobey Maguire? Tom Cruise?

7. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Admiral Admiral

This isn't GBotW preview - you can spill the beans.

8. Aragorn

^ Yeah, but spoiling cameos isn't any fun. But if you insist, my clue is... DarkHelmet. :p

9. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fosters...he mentioned Fosters. Australian don't actually drink Fosters (in Australia at least) and as such would not say "put a Fosters' sized hole in him" or whatever. Fosters is the crap we export to the rest of the world because the local populous won't drink it.

10. TheBrew

Would Garak be another clue? :p

11. Pensive

That's because it's an intentionally bad bio.. some of the Australian towns are misspelled :p

12. Jono

I really doubt that is why Fosters is mention, I think it is more of a case that it is associated with Australia by the rest of the world. Though I understand why they don't put a name like XXXX, Tooheys or Cascade in there since it would have no name recognition outside Australia. It is just like the work "Crikey"...99.9% of Australians cringe when they hear that word, but it is very much associated with our country despite the fact you would find very few people who use it over here, unless they are don't an impression of a Crocidile hunter or how people oversees see Australians.

13. Pensive

The film is poking fun at so many stereotypes... blacks, Aussies, actors, Hollywood types, etc...

14. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

everyone in the UK knows XXXX because over here it was marketed as Castlemein XXXX,with the tag: Castlemein, Australians wouldn't give a XXXX for anything else...

do you all say 'she'llberight' and 'no worries' a lot? or strewth and fair dinkum?

strewth, she'llberight, no worries mate, it's all fair dinkum, cobbers!

15. Jono

Really, you get XXXX in the UK? You poor bastards, IMO it is one of the worst brews in Australia! I only drink it because I live in QLD and it is often one of the cheapest beers you can get at the bar. The joke over here is that it is called XXXX because Queenslanders couldn't spell beer!

Actually, we do say 'she'll be right' and 'no worries'. Strewth and fair dinkum aren't used unless we are using it as in a joking fashion, along with "crikey" and "that's not a knife, this is a knife".

16. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"That's a spoon."

"I see you've played knifey-spoony before!"

17. Pensive