New Tribble Game

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by NCC-73515, Mar 1, 2021.

1. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

That looks like cheap ass. Guess I'll end up dead before they ever do an actual AAA Trek game.

3. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't imagine it's gonna be more than a few dollars

4. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, the game was designed to come in a cereal box.

BillJ likes this.
  5. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is just kind of an iffy platformer. Playing as a tribble does sound fun, but would be better with a clear duplication/"procreation" mechanic. Mainly, eating food (not gems) and utilizing that to duplicate yourself within, say, a 3D starship environment. Then the goal is to survive as people try to shoot you down or send in glommers (switching to another spawned tribble as you are killed).

The reverse, a more traditional "fight the grey goo" battle from the Starfleet/Klingon/Whatever side would be equally fun. Especially if you can unlock or improvise techniques to contain and eradicate them.

Playing as one tribble doesn't make sense, as tribbles are supposed to be weak with their primary attribute being procreation, something that doesn't show up in the trailer or gameplay videos. Drexler's involvement does intrigue me, although it may be limited to starship design.

Ziyal's Ghost likes this.
  6. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

It's interesting they don't use the phrase Star Trek in any of the descriptions. Almost like "tribbles" is a David Gerrold owned term and no royalties to Star Trek business empire! :)

Ziyal's Ghost likes this.