New things with XenForo

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by trampledamage, Feb 2, 2016.

1. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

As Defcon mentioned in the spoiler rules thread - AntonyF has implemented a "Spoilers" prefix that you can add to your thread title. (Thank you, Defcon! I haven't been keeping up in there :techman:)

When you click on Create New Thread, on the left of the bar where you write your thread title is a drop down list of prefixes that you can select (or just leave with no prefix). One of these is Spoilers.

(In the old gray colour scheme, this appears as an empty pale gray rectangle until you peer really closely to see the tiny down arrow indicating a drop down list)

It's not mandatory to use it, but it's useful if you want to.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, I gave up using Old Gray because it had too little contrast. It could use a few more colors.

3. trampledamage

Okay, so I've updated the front page worth of threads that have spoilers.

Before I go and do the whole forum - what do you all think? Too cluttered? A good bright warning?

4. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I think it is good. I've noticed it and it looked nice.

5. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I like it! :techman: The red really draws attention to the "there be spoilers here!" warning, moreso than just having "Spoilers" as part of the subject line did. Thank you!

6. trampledamage

Yeah - I think that too - I'm glad Antony did them in red.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It occurs to me that many people are red-green colorblind. Is the tag still legible/distinctive enough for them?

8. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

But not all and not the vast majority of people. I'm sure people like that will see something though, maybe brown where it is red or the like.

9. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would've changed those threads I started myself, but if I'm not mistaken title edits are limited to Premium members. While I can edit the first posts in the threads I can't edit the titles, unless I'm overlooking something.

10. trampledamage

It will still be there as a prefix, even if grey - so it'll still be an improvement than having "Spoilers" written at the end of the thread, because it's there at the beginning - obviously marking something, even if it doesn't stand out like the red does.

No worries - it's what I signed up for to get the fancy green banner under my name :techman:

11. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

I think it is good and now it is easier to find the review threads from the general discussion thread. :techman: