News New The Next Generation Garden Gnomes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by AutoAdmin, Nov 15, 2017.

1. AutoAdmin

AutoAdmin Machine of Death Administrator

A new news article has been published at TrekToday:

Four more Star Trek: The Next Generation garden gnomes are now available from ThinkGeek. The newest gnomes include Geordi La Forge, Deanna...

Continue reading...

Qonundrum likes this.
  2. Twilight Phoenix

Twilight Phoenix Captain Captain

And I am currently buying a house with a massive garden to decorate...Perfect !!!

Qonundrum likes this.
  3. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Dang, I am extremely tempted by those: 9 or 10" tall, 1LB, typical dimensions and weight... and fairly practical as decor. I wonder how they will handle repeated seasons in the sun, especially the red since red+sun=much fade, but the type of resin they said is used does suggest confidence.

The prices are rather competitive, far more so if you look at solely MSRP for other gnomes that aren't Star Trek ($17~20 typically, but keeping in mind the target audience is smaller, that easily justifies a minute added cost.)

And the designs are, in a word, fantastic. Especially Wesley and Troi - they're simply perfect. YMMV, but I think they look great. Q, Troi, and Wesley first for sure.

Am lLooking forward to Guinan (surprised she wasn't released sooner), Pulaski, and Beverly Crusher (season 1 with the red hair), Ro, and Picard holding his flute for series 3, I'd hope and drool?

And the site also mentions "recreate your favorite scenes"... But probably not like this one:

[​IMG]

:D

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  4. Leviathan

Leviathan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Someone needs to do an Armus vs Tasha gnome battle.

Qonundrum likes this.
  5. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

If/when set 3 comes out, I already have something planned, though obviously a DIY Armus becomes paramount (*snarf*) because there's no way a gnome of an oil slick is going to sell... but it's like real simple to do, all one needs is some black food dye and Bizquik pancake mix because using real motor oil would not be a wise thing to do... :D

Then again, birds would eat the pancake mix and make black droppings all over the place... maybe a DIY clay, resin or concrete kit painted black...