New Star Trek Series following Pike as Captain of Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by mattman8907, Jul 26, 2018.

1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

What's the possibility of them after Discovery is done with Pike this season, they would reboot the main Star Trek series and bring back Mount and Romijin as Pike and Number One and whoever they get to play Spock and their adventures on board the Enterprise.

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Quadruple the viewers and quintuple the subscriptions and the sky's the limit. CBS ain't in this for artistic fulfillment, so if people started signing up for AA because there was a Horta Captain on one episode, you better believe TPTB would be looking to find a way to get Dwayne Johnson to agree to star in a "spin off".

3. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's the spin-off that I really really want, so, my hope is that his captain'ing of Discovery is just temporary. For the longest time, I've wanted to know about the Pike-era of the Enterprise (and the April era by extension). There's a good 10-15 of 1701 history that we don't know anything about.

4. Groppler Zorn

Groppler Zorn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I’d definitely watch it. I wonder whether it would be different enough from previous treks (story wise I mean) for it to be engaging for multiple serieses?

5. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

I feel like having multiple Trek series at the same time isn't really a thing we absolutely need to do again.

6. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Unless it's a West Wing series about the Federation President! Articles of the Federation MUST be made into live action somehow, someday!

But then again, I'd watch the hell out of Pike's Star Trek.

Groppler Zorn likes this.
  7. Groppler Zorn

Groppler Zorn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

“Jaresh Inyo: Paradise Lost”

I’d watch that.

8. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Also, I would join those who want a Captain April series, since the lines between sequels and prequels and this and that are so blurry now. It's actually kind of nice that Star Trek is story kind of becoming something you can just tell from any point in the timeline.

And I would love it if the April Enterprise had flattened tube nacelles like the Enterprise-D, with forward sloping pylons like the Nu-A, because wouldn't that be fun to add to the nacelle discussion!

RedAlert likes this.
  9. Longinus

Longinus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always thought that April captaincy would have been better idea for a TOS prequel than Pike captaincy, as we know very little about him and nothing about his crew. It would have allowed more freedom and avoided the awkward recasting of Spock.

10. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

And.....Captain April's bridge probably had a window instead of a viewscreen!

fireproof78 and TrickyDickie like this.
  11. BillJ

BillJ Canon Warrior Premium Member

I'd rather go with an April series that follows the early adventures of the Enterprise crew.

Galileo7 and Longinus like this.
  12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

For me, if they go back to the Enterprise thing, I'd much rather see the C - if only because the finality of it would make for a nice thematic box like it did Rogue One.

i.e. the "We know how it ends" factor makes for nice character examination/study.

13. Serveaux

Serveaux Boomer American Premium Member

I don't see any difference between an April or a Pike series, other than that we've seen Pike once or twice and April is barely even a name. He's literally nobody at this point.

14. Longinus

Exactly! He is nobody so he can be anybody!

RedAlert likes this.
  15. Serveaux

Serveaux Boomer American Premium Member

But...what if he turns out to be nobody?

The best fun would be all the aggrieved fanbois convinced that they're somehow violating canon by making April, I dunno, not British or not what he was made out to be in a comic book or something.

16. dinzy

dinzy Commander Red Shirt

Drinking Jippers on a beach somewhere in MD
    Why not. Back then it was 2x26, now it would be 2x13 and could be fall - winter, + winter -spring. If Trek is driving their subscriptions, keeping New Trek on half of the year is better than 1/4 of the year.

The only issue I have with this idea is Spock. I think it would be a challenge to keep his character true to his character. And honestly I don't really want to see any Spock development at this point. I think a miniseries or 1 season is more likely than a full series.

17. TrickyDickie

TrickyDickie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I see a testing of the waters for a Pike-Spock-Enterprise show.

I just hope that the focus doesn't shift completely away from Discovery such that it gets canceled early. I think they should make good on what they started with Discovery, not start edging away from it to the point of slinking out the back door and letting it die.

RedAlert and Serveaux like this.
  18. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This isn't the days of broadcast. People won't not tune in to one Trek show because they have had their fill of another. They'll just watch both. Particularly considering they're both behind the same premium paywall. Why subscribe and just watch one when you could watch both and effectively drop the price you pay per episode in half?

19. Kane_Steel

Kane_Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Said it before and I'll say it again, fans begging for a Pike Enterprise spinoff series will be the most recurring thing we'll hear all year. Pike will be a hit on Discovery.

Problem is doing a Pike series when most of his time commanding the Enterprise has already passed is a dull concept.

I'm in agreement with those above that an April series set in 2245 would have made for better television.

Heck, cast Aaron Eckhart as April, and someone like Hayley Atwell as Sarah and you've got something good.

RedAlert likes this.
  20. Longinus

Or cast Hayley Atwell as Captain April Robert!