New picture from TMP Memory Wall

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Maab, May 15, 2016.

1. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

Hi all,
    I know that the "lost" Memory Wall scene has been discussed many times here, and those of you who have been here for a while know that I have a little obsession for that scene (my page here), however I'm writing because I recently found (on Facebook) this new picture originally posted on Tumblr.
    "New" means simply that I've never seen it before, but I can assure you I've seen a lot of them.

[​IMG]

The funny thing is that this picture has a thin green line at the botton, which is something that I've seen sometimes in screencaptures from a video. Google Images or TinEye have not been helpful to identify the original poster. So has any of you seen this before? Any idea where it could come from? Could it be from a video?

2. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

That one's new to me, As to the green line: possibly screencapped from a website with a green background.

Ryan Thomas Riddle likes this.
  3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

"Bill, we are going to sit here in these funny suits, in front of a 1970's pipe organ, until you tell me WHERE the bike is."

4. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

:hugegrin:

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

6. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maab, you have a truly fascinating page about the dropped sequence. What caught my attention most was the conceptual design about the last quarter of the page labeled "light weight spacesuit". It looks almost like a cinematic quality update of the suits depicted in "The Tholian Web".

PCz911 likes this.
  7. angry apple panda

angry apple panda Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Whenever I imagine the Memory Wall Sequence, I constantly worry about how poor it might have looked completed. It was ambitious for 1979, and while the effects to me in general look pretty timeless, trying to depict Kirk and Spock wandering around crystalline labyrinth and being attacked by swarms of crystal sensor bees sounds a bit wacky to me and out of place with the rest of the film. I really love the sequence as is, with Spock flying through holographic images of whole digitized worlds and civilizations. It looks fantastic.

8. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Avro Arrow, Firebird and Pauln6 like this.