New Movie Wish List

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Sulu_Love_child, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Sulu_Love_child

Sulu_Love_child Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

What would you like to see in the new movie?

2. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Captain Captain

Romance, action and adventure. A sure-to-win fomula in my book.

3. RookieBatman

RookieBatman Commodore Commodore

Klingons, maybe, and other familiar groups (those being aliens that didn't have a first contact with the Enterprise), and space exploration, definitely.

4. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Space exploration gets my vote. Also an alien race I like. (Hint: They're not Klingons. Or Orions. Talaxians. Who likes Talaxians anyway? Oh, right...)

This film's about back to basics, after all: Kirk. Spock. The Enterprise. Star Trek, with no ':' in sight. And space exploration's the name of the game, quite literally.

Elf-Romans: Just a bonus. ;)

5. MattJC

MattJC Fleet Captain

I want Romulans, but I'll watch any trek just as long as itn't a remake.

6. Kegek

Ah, but what if the remake is good? We've had plenty of material that is scrupulously faithful to canon that is... uh... bah.

I mean, how many of us became Star Trek fans because we felt that all the background details hung together really well? Wasn't it the stories in front of the background that drew us in? If they just keep the background polished but the stories are terrible, there's no point...

Anyway, if this film is terrible, it'll suck on terms all of its own, not because it's a remake. ;) And it kind of isn't a remake, apparently. But I personally doubt it'll have the sometimes slavish adherence to canon that Enterprise had - and for many people, that wasn't enough...

7. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I doubt we'll see Klingons or Romulans. At least I hope not. Aliens will probably be in the background. I hope.

I like all of those plot elements. Certainly what I'm hoping for :thumbsup:

8. MattJC

MattJC Fleet Captain

I simply do not like remakes. It does not matter to me who is doing it. With all that money in Hollywood, they should be making completly new stuff instead of recycling old TV shows or movies. They should at least try to earn that money.

9. Kegek

Originality is illusion. Doubly so in Hollywood. The best one can expect is something good, to hope for originality is asking too much of the movie business.

10. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only two I can bring myself to vote for are Space Exploration and Rescue Missions. I'm not keen on yet more Klingons and Romulans are out of the question immediately prior to TOS. A mixture of a love story and Academy Days is the nightmare scenario for me.

11. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I'm writing in "A different director."

12. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Originality is illusion." this is true. I want MattJC tell all those people who retell "The Tempest" or "Kiss Me Kate" or either restaging/writing offshoot books, wild wacked out miniseries based on the "Wizard of OZ" they're not being creative or original...

These things are iconic.

Simply tossing a bunch of newly named characters on a starship isn't in and of itself "original" or creative. Creativity comes out of execution not *setting*.

And I have no specific wishes for this film - simply for it to be fun and enjoyable. Though its pretty clear one of the things I want to see is happening a "Cage Era Spock", with not quit the reserve he would later show...

Sharr

13. Tamek

Tamek Admiral Admiral

Right on.

14. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The other thing. This isn't a "remake" unless JJ's planning on refilming "the Cage" or something. It is a continuation in fact.

A remake is what nuBSG's miniseries was well also being a reboot.
    "The Ten Commandments" was also a "remake", you know the one ABC used to show every Easter? Interesting it far outshines the first version... Guess Cecil B. DeMille was a hack?

Sharr

15. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Of that list, Romulans + space exploration but really what I want is some exploration of the characters - looks like we'll get lots of Spock, hopefully some of Kirk, their relationship, maybe something on the rest of the gang, plus I consider Starfleet and the Federation "characters" in their own right, so I'd want something on those as well.

Plus space battles & crazy colorful aliens. Yeah that should fill the two hours nicely. :D Maybe Kirk could rip his shirt a bit?

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of recasting but if you're going to go that route I want to see big adventure.

I'd rather not involve Klingons and Romulans though. If they must, at least have it be bigger than just having the 'E' going one-on-one against some rogue vessel. Orions have potential though.

As for pipe dreams, I'd like it if they downplayed the military aspect a la TMP but that's unlikely.

17. MattJC

MattJC Fleet Captain

Don't give me that BS. Abrams and his team were NOT involved in the creation of Trek.
    He didn't come up with the idea.
    He didn't develop that idea.
    He had NOTHING to do with what made Trek the eventual success it became.
    He is just riding the coattails of someone else's hard work.
    Say what you want about Berman and Braga but at least they attempted to do something new. With the exception of the title, the words Enterprise and a few familiar alien races, they have tried to do something NEW.
    I hope you and everyone else has fun with these fucking remakes, but I cannot stand them.

18. Mordock

Mordock Commander Red Shirt

My wish list has one item on it: whatever the filmmakers most want to do. That's the way to go, be it The Origins of the Vulcan/Romulan Split, Samuel Cogley, Lawyer of the Future, Trapped Inside the Planet of the Roller-Skating Bees, even Kirk and Spock Get It On.

I want Paramount and Bad Robot to say, "Man, we really want to have Klingons in the movie", or "There's no way we're going to have Klingons in this movie", not "We have to have Klingons because that's what people expect", because that's the sort of thinking that sent Trek into the ditch.

Such a film may still be bad and and I may hate it, but it would have confidence and integrity, as opposed to just being Trek product.

19. Tamek

Tamek Admiral Admiral

I think you hit the nail on the head.

This is *their vision*, not the vision of every individual who may dislike it.

20. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

with a few minor additions that, along the lines is what the film will go. :rolleyes: