new Kirk poll

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Temis the Vorta, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Matt Damon has ruled himself out, so I've limited this just to a few names that have appeared around here...

Vote for three!

2. Temis the Vorta

Eion Bailey
    Michael C. Hall
    Jared Padelecki

3. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Jensen Ackles

Chris Evans

Other= Jerry O'Connell

4. Plum

Plum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

William Shatner is the only name I recognize on that list! ... oh man, how old am I? *slinks away*

5. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

^
    That's my reaction also! :eek:

6. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Chris Evans
    Josh Jackson
    The Shat

Not so sure about josh jackson, but I've voted for him now. He was ok in Dawsons Crack.

7. Tamek

Tamek Admiral Admiral

^ He was delicious in Cruel Intentions.

8. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Lieutenant Red Shirt

You know, they do have some SFX technology to make people look young again, i.e. X-Men 3. I say give Shat one more go!

9. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aside from Shatner, I only recognised Michael C. Hall. And that's only because I've seen two episodes of this series he's in called 'Dexter' (which has only now hit Europe). But that's absolutely incredibly brilliant, and a lot of that is due to his playing of the title role.

I also voted for Shatner, because I know him and I think it'd be reasonably nice for him to show up in the movie, and for Other. The Other being Kevin Sorbo, because the new Kirk needs to be wooden, uninspired, and way too old if this film is going to bomb at the box office. Otherwise it'd be a success... and who'd want that? ;)

10. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm with the "elderly and out of touch" contingent. This thread is pointless without mug shots, and I am frankly too lazy to IMDB search all those names.

The only casting rumor I felt strongly about was the now debunked Gary Sinese-as-McCoy one. I was strongly pro.

I'll also go on the record as being somwhat wary about Quinto as Spock. I'd have preferred an unknown to someone I've been hating (character, not actor) for the last year or so. I live in fear of witnessing a mind-meld and being only able to think of Sylar's brain-cutting.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Shatner throws off the curve, since he's not up for the part. ;)

12. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Out of the list Jensen would easily get my vote. Since he can swagger, be a serious actor, and ham it up all in one.

13. Cmndr J Crichton

Cmndr J Crichton Commodore Commodore

I never thought of Chris Evans. Wasn't he the Human Torch in FF? He'd make a great Acadamy Graduate.

14. Triptacular

Triptacular Captain Captain

If they want a 20-something Kirk, I suggest Zach Gilford of Friday Night Lights (plays Matt Saracen). He plays a high school kid on the show, but he's actually 25.

[image]http://imdb.com/gallery/hh/1472917/HH/1472917/iid_1124525.jpg.html?hint=nm1472917[/image]

[image]http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0402711/Ss/0402711/0871_ful.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Shatner,%20William[/image]

[image]http://imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1336/Mptv/1336/5902_0027.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Shatner,%20William[/image]

[image]http://imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1065/Mptv/1065/5088-0327.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Shatner,%20William[/image]

[image]http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0758745/Ss/0758745/1FNLalN06.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Gilford,%20Zach[/image]

Can a moderator or someone fix this to show the pics?

15. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jensen Ackles. He sort of looks like a young Shatner to me.

16. Stardate

Stardate Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jensen Ackles
    Jared Padelecki
    Michael C. Hall
    standout from this list thow Michael is smillier age as Damon who then would rule him out for Kirk role too.
    Other: i would look at actor who have work with Abrams f.e. Ian Somerhalder,Scott Speedman and Jonathan Rhys Meyers
    I voted Jensen Ackles but Jonathan Rhys Meyers is stronger candidate
    p.s who are the idiots voting for 76 yeras old Shatner :D as Kirk in XI :thumbsup:

17. Basill

Basill Captain Captain

I would say Jensen Ackles (although he still leaves a Smallville aftertaste,) and agree with Triptacular about, Zach Gilford. I've never laid eyes on him before, but he is better than any of the other options. Most of them, while pretty, are either too old, or look like red shirt fodder.

18. Triptacular

Triptacular Captain Captain

I'm glad you agree Basill. Zach's an excellent actor and has a lot of screen presence. He's my fav. character on Fri. NiteLites and I only started watching that for Kyle Chandler.

19. Temis the Vorta

It's Quinto's job to make sure we DON'T think of that.

Guy's got his work cut out for him...a lot of actors would have shied away from tackling such an iconic role - you have to deal with ingrateful fans PLUS the whole typecasting problem. If you're too much like Nimoy, they'll complain. If you're too different, they'll complain. And Vulcans are probably the toughest Trek characters to portray to begin with.

I can only imagine the struggle to find someone good, whose willing to tackle the Kirk role.

20. Superman

Superman Fleet Captain

Yeah, it'll be even harder filling Kirk's boots.

The only person I've ever seen come close is Nathan Fillion, and he's too old for the role.

\S/