New director for Highlander remake...

I hope whatever draft of the script they're on now is better than the mess that I read a couple years ago. That was just awful.

I'll defer judgmenet until I actually see the movie, but lets hope they ever only do one movie or leave it open to do a sequel without introducing ideas such as from another planet etc...

We don't need to know why they are immortal, they just are

I enjoyed 28 Weeks Later, so this is pretty good news.

Yeah, they could've done worse.

I like Highlander, it's from my teenage years, but I'd be pretty relaxed about a remake. It's a classic but a great movie it isn't. A Frenchman playing a Scotsman opposite the most famous Scotsman, who's playing a Spaniard... The scope is there for improvement.

I enjoyed 28 Weeks Later, so this is pretty good news.

I agree. I am kinda pleased with this turn of events. Both directors seem to have a lot on their plates though. Looks to be a lot more waiting is in store. Either way I will go see it for better or worse.

One of the things that could really sell this film is spectacular sword work. By today's standards, the sword work in the first movie is "okay" but by no means great. The TV series ramped it up but I think it could truly be memorable to see battles like the Lightsaber battles in the SW trilogies minus the crying, the lava, the Force... :p

I'll defer judgmenet until I actually see the movie, but lets hope they ever only do one movie or leave it open to do a sequel without introducing ideas such as from another planet etc...

We don't need to know why they are immortal, they just are
Oh, I dunno. I wouldn't have a problem with a reveal of why they're immortal (in a sequel) if it's done right.

The problem with the reveal in Highlander II wasn't that they revealed it at all, it was that it was a bad explanation. Aliens from Zeist? That's stupid. Humans from the distant past? Not much better.

Back