New Animated Series Coming in 2012...

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Ensign Ro-, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

I just wanted to make a very early announcement. I am currently developing a new web-based animated series entitled STAR TREK: PERSEUS. It is set immediately after Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Not everyone in the quadrant is thrilled about a possible alliance between the Federation and Klingon Empire. And others scheme to take advantage of the chaos that follows. The Perseus is a border patrol vessel on a mission to smooth things diplomatically as well as defend both the Fed and Empire from those who may choose to interfere with the new treaty.

It is my hope to bring a new level of 2-D animation to this. I am currently still designing all the aspects of the series but it is going quite well. It will be produced using a variety of software, i.e. CS5, ToonBoom, and several others. I've already recruited several people from across the globe to be regular voice actors.

It is my goal to release the premiere episode by the end of the first quarter of 2012. And I will post production updates here throughout the process. Here is a little teaser poster I literally threw together. I hope all will enjoy the final product.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

So is it "Perseus" as indicated in your post, or is it "Persues" as indicated in the artwork?

3. Ultramann

Ultramann Lieutenant Red Shirt

Was wondering that myself. And are you going to incorporate anything from the novels in your plotlines?

4. Ensign Ro-

LOL...it's PERSEUS. Told you I threw that together...at about 2am. Guess I have to fix that. LOL Thanks for pointing that out to my tired, dyslexic butt. :-)

5. Ensign Ro-

I've corrected the poster. Thank you, GS.

And Ultramann - I wasn't planning on it. I am writing my own stories.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  6. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

7. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

Wow! Sounds great! And if you ever need someone to (cough) proofread stuff for you, I'd be happy to do so!

8. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If you need any logo graphics or other art feel free to shoot me an email.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  9. JimTheBuilder

JimTheBuilder Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

;) Or if...ahem...you need voice actors...ahem...cough...;)

10. Ensign Ro-

LMAO @ at the proof-reading offer! Thanks...I obviously need that at times. And sincere thanks for the other offers. I'm sure they'll be plenty of opportunities to contribute. I'll be sure to let you all know.

@ Barbreader - of course you may use my little poster. I appreciate the press. :-) Just please use the one with the correct spelling. LOL

11. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

12. Ensign Ro-

OK...another little peek. This time showing a character design. Obviously greatly based on TAS. I think that look will be the easiest for me to produce in an animation. My hope is that it will have a bit more "depth" to the imagery than TAS. I'm also very attracted to the style used in "Archer". Hoping to be able to blend those styles.

[​IMG]

13. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good looking stuff. Add me to the voice acting pool as well, if you would. Resume upon request.

:cool:

14. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

If you would like to solicit from a deep pool of talented and experienced VA's feel free to register for our forums at www.starshipexcelsior.com. We welcome casting calls and would be happy to have you as a member. -- Co-producer Star Trek: Excelsior

15. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Wow, very cool! I wish you the best and i am definitely going to watch. You have a Facebook page?

Alec

16. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Pretty cool stuff! Look forward to seeing it develop.

17. Ensign Ro-

Thank you all for the compliments and especially for the voice offers. Although I have a few people in mind, I'm still a ways away from finalizing a cast. I will be sure to remember these offers though. Thanks again.

Also, I haven't set up a FB page for this project yet, but I plan to and will be sure to let those interested know when its online. :-)

18. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The art is looking cool. I recognise that captain

19. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Wow, that's cool! Right up my alley! If you'd like some help from me, just ask!

20. Ensign Ro-

Thank you VERY much! I'm sure I will need help. :-)