Need help remembering an episode

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by BoDeen427, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoDeen427

BoDeen427 Cadet Newbie

Hey everyone,
    I too am new to this site. Like someone previously posted, I have been trying to remember an episode(I think) or possibly a Star Trek movie and I can't seem to find it. This too is very vague to me but what I remember about it is Captain Kirk explaining to a gentleman that manufacturing techniques have modernized in the future and that we now have the ability to manufacture (panels I think) using only a fraction of the materials than in the past but still have the same strength. I think Captain Kirk was trading manufacturing techniques for maybe information or something, I can't remember the details, but after explaining the technique to the entrepreneur he asked something like "would that be worth anything to you?" In other words, Captain Kirk was explaining how the entrepreneur could make more money using less material.
    Does this sound familiar to anyone or am I thinking about a different series/movie or did I dream it?

2. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome!

I think you may be thinking of the film Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

In this situation it was Scotty, not Kirk.

Kor

Phaser Two likes this.
  3. BoDeen427

BoDeen427 Cadet Newbie

That's the one!
    Wow, I remembered that wrongly! For some reason I was thinking it was an old original series episode and that Captain Kirk was explaining it in trade for something else. At least it was something Star Trek, I haven't completely lost my mind! Thanks for the reply and help, it's been bugging me for months...

Phaser Two likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.