Need Help Identifying a Hollywood Sci-Fi/Horror Relic

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Tiberius Jim, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A friend of mine just scored a fascinating garage sale find and is trying to identify what production it was from. Here's his post:

[​IMG]

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

The Universal Studios Hollywood Tour had a show called "The Land of a Thousand Faces" that ran from 1975-79 that was about the art of prosthetic makeup and monster masks. Mark Siegel (pictured far right, below) was a lab assistant to a makeup artist named Robert Zraick who worked on the show. It's possible the mask might have originated from the show rather than an actual film.

[​IMG]
    "The Land of a Thousand Faces" gang: (left to right) Robert Zraick, Verne Langdon, Keith Crary and Mark Siegel. Langdon created the show with Terry Winnick & Jay Stein for Universal Studio Tours. Keith Crary, Marcos Barragan and Nick Pagliaro were the attraction's premier makeup artists who transformed two tourists every show into Frankenstein's Monster and the "New Bride of Frankenstein" within a record-breaking fifteen minutes! The show was performed 8 times per day to fifteen hundred spectators every show. (The "New Bride" makeup was designed and created by Robert Zraick & Verne Langdon). Mark Siegel and Dave Quashnick were Robert Zraick's lab assistants.
    http://www.rubberroom101.com/boxofmonsters/page4.htm

More about the show can be found here (the same picture as above is also there):
    http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/attractions/landofathousandfaces.php

3. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's an awesome lead, I'll pass that along. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Locutus of Bored likes this.