my star wars mancave,

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by grinchy, Oct 20, 2021.

1. grinchy

grinchy Ensign Newbie

So while i love Trek, i don't buy the collectibles only the blurays and dvds, i have been buying star wars stuff for the past twenty years or so, and have a room dedicated to the collection
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have the trees up year round, christmas and star wars just goes together well i feel

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

3. grinchy

grinchy Ensign Newbie

cheers glad you like it!

4. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Impressive! My minuscule collection includes some action figures from my childhood, a broken (but original) Tie-Figher, and an R2-D2 egg timer/salt and pepper set. LOL..

shapeshifter likes this.
  5. grinchy

grinchy Ensign Newbie

Sounds like a cool collection, we all have to start somewhere, my own collecting started with me getting my childhood figures back, it grew from one small cabinet to the room

6. Moist_Cake

Moist_Cake Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That is epic. Wow.

7. grinchy

grinchy Ensign Newbie

cheers glad you like it, would love to see other peoples collections, is there a trek collecting thread?

8. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

One of the worst decisions in my childhood was selling my Star Wars and GI Joe collections for $50 and Lazer Tag set. I had the cardboard Sears Mos Eisley set that came with the blue Snaggletooth and every original figure except the last series. :(

publiusr likes this.
  9. grinchy

grinchy Ensign Newbie

That is a shame, i gave mine to a cousin, who i'm happy to say had most of it when he gave it back years later, blue snag goes for a pretty penny these days, never had him

10. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I wish I still had stuff from my childhood…

shapeshifter likes this.
  11. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, when it comes to collections, I've come to the age where I'm having to look around and decide what I want to do with things. I have a vast collection of ball caps and a small, but rare collection of cameras. Then I have odds and ends of things like TONS of CDs and a few boxes of books and comic books.

My brother, who is 16 years older, has a vast collection of cameras, guitars, antique firearms and typewriters.. Yes, Typewriters..

at 51, I've decided to start de-cluttering. The cameras will stay because they are really used more a decor now (especially since film processing is SO expensive. But I have no need for three dozen ball caps. Or the childhood toys I had saved for my own kids to use and who are now too old for toys. I guess I've decided that there are fewer days ahead than there are behind, and if something happens, I don't want my kids to have to be burdened with sifting through my stuff.

I DO wish I had done more SW/ST collecting when I was younger. Something like Grincy's well-organized display area would be easy to maintain and clean up. But Most of my stuff sits in a closet in boxes.

Sorry.. Didn't mean to be a debbie downer. LOL

Campe and shapeshifter like this.
  12. grinchy

grinchy Ensign Newbie

Sounds like you have some interesting collections, i can understand the need to declutter, before i had the room my stuff was just in boxes in the loft space, glad to have it all out on display, looks a lot better than piles of boxes, i also collect blurays and dvds, i have a few hundred in cabinets around the house, your not being down, no worries there

13. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice collection. I too have been doing a lot of purging over the past five years. Other than the movies, primarily all I collect any more are the Art of Star Wars books. Most everything else is digital purchases. In a 1900 sqft home with a wife, a 2 year old and a dog, my collecting days are behind me… at least for the moment.