My Star Trek Mod

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Donny, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

Hello everyone. I've been working on a Star Trek MOD for a very old computer game called "Star Wars: Mysteries of the Sith." Yes, an old game, but I've been working with it for years so it's hard to give up. Anyway, I was thinking you guys here at TrekBBS would enjoy my renditions of the TOS Enterprise interiors. Enjoy!

Also, I've got more coming. I'll keep you all updated on this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

^ That's veeeeeeeeery nice! :bolian:
    I like the darkened atmosphere.

3. Donny

4. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

D*mn! about the only things that gives them away as game resolution graphics are the fish-eye wide angle lens and the lower polygon count for curved surfaces. But in terms of actual detail, you are on the money! You even have the skulls in McCoy's office! Sweet! (This forum needs a hand clapping emoticon!)

Sincerely,

Bill

5. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Sweet Jesus..... These are great. Really, really beautiful and very nice details. You say these are a modification "package" for a game? I'm a total n00b when it comes to things like this, but could these sets be imported into other 3D animation packages like Lightwave, Mya or the like.

There are several folks here (Ptrope, Redfern and others) working on a little project to redo Star Trek: The Animated Series using 3D animation (done in Poser, I think). Between the bridge, halls, sick bay, McCoy's office and lab, you basically almost have all the "standing sets" done. Perhaps you and our "Fearless Leader Mod" here should have a little chat. You've got mad skills; I'm sure they'd welcome your input, help, contributions, etc...

Nicely done!

Q2UnME

6. Sean_McCormick

Sean_McCormick Captain Captain

Most impressive work, especially considering that the engine is 11 years old.

7. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Holy underwear! That's some really impressive stuff, there, Donny (and welcome to the forum, too :bolian: ). Is what we're looking at real lighting in the game engine, or baked into the textures? Either way, it looks great!

I bet this would make a great pre-viz tool ... :D

8. Donny

Ptrope: The general lighting of each shot is the actual lighting of the game. However, the "3DOs" or 3D Objects, similar to Quake III's MD3s, are unaffected by this particular gaming engine's lighting system. Therefore, I have to "bake" the lighting into the textures on the objects that are not a part of the general architecture.

For example, the second corridor shot has no "baking". On the other hand, in the examination room, every standalone object, such as the chair, the exam bed, and the excercise bed, all have textures with lighting baked into it.

To be honest, I hate having to suffer the extra work required by this particular limiation, but in some cases it allows more control.

9. misskim86

misskim86 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

THAT'S AWESOME!! You should be really proud!

Did you make all the models?

10. Donny

Everything you see was made by me. All textures, models, and architecture made from scratch. (Except for the spacial phenomena displays on the bridge, and the chairs, which were made by a friend)

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:drool: OH! GOLLY! :drool:

THATS AWSOME!!!!! :thumbsup:

12. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

That is some really nice stuff!

Off topic, I noticed that Donny is only a cadet but was able to post his pictures. Has there been an exception made for this forum? Not that I have a problem with it, I'm just curious.

Again, nice work! :bolian:

13. AdmiralGarak

AdmiralGarak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is probably an advantage when working with movie and tv sets. Trying to get it to look right when you're only using the on-screen lighting is next to impossible since the production crew had high-powered lights pertched off-screen. Just look at how overly dark the Promenade is in DS9: The Fallen, for example.

Anyway, this is spectacular work. Kudos!

14. Sean_McCormick

Noticed that too. Might it be, that the 100 post rule was not implemented on the new forum?

15. Magic04

Magic04 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow, beautiful work, Donny!!

16. Philo

Philo Commodore Commodore

Absolutely beautiful work! You not only captured the accuracy and detail of the thing, but the feeling as well. I think that, aside from the accuracy and detail (though the corridors seem a little short), the thing that impresses me most is the lighting.

Superlative!

EDIT: When do we get to see engineering? I wait with abated breath.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  17. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

If someone were to purchase that game would it would be possible to get a copy of the mods that you have done?

18. Sean_McCormick

As someone who already has the game i'M wondering the same ;).

19. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    wow... Very well done!

20. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

You HAVE to provide a link where we can get this. I have all the SW:JK games and I would LOVE to be able to run around in this mod.