My Fleet(s) Model WIPs+++

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by KirkTrekModeler, Sep 4, 2007.

1. KirkTrekModeler

KirkTrekModeler Commander

This is just a series of photos in various stages of completion, some finished and some not. I'm not going to update this regularly, I just thought this would be a kind of all in one thread. Some said "More Models" and someone else asked. "Do you ever finsh these?" I figured I would answer both here.

EI, in progress.
    [​IMG]

1/2500 in progress, one finished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A larger "Enterprise Incident." This is the second one of these I've done. Mostly finished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jeri...er...Seven of Nine figure model. Censored for the younguns and those that might be offended by female nudity. Still working.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lighting? Oh yeah, this is gonna be pretty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Notice the lil Refit. Yep, I found em.

Vulcan shuttle, needs some work and decals.
    [​IMG]

Pilot version TOS. Early construction.
    [​IMG]

Klingon Bird of Prey, the begining.
    [​IMG]

Yep, it was finished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kitbash Klingon Fighter. My design. Got to love that Ford Futura!
    [​IMG]
    Yep, finished.
    [​IMG]

Yet another TOS Enterprise. Done and given away.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ISS Copperhead, the Akiraprise. Done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Custon made Decals, by me.
    [​IMG]

22" TOS..... Desprate need of repair.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please not the custom base.
    [​IMG]

Another custom base.
    [​IMG]

Doh! another custom base, this was for a 22" AMT. It's lighted and has a sound board. I'll have to take some more pics.
    [​IMG]

Scratch built Daeelus, a Destroyer and an AMT Enterprise... in construction.
    [​IMG]
    More Daedelus..
    [​IMG]
    My own personal brass plaque.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A major kit bashed TWOK shuttle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Expanding on the idea....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

3. KirkTrekModeler

Yeah, lot of work. I'm also in the middle of two 1/350th Refits and scratch building some super secret projects.

Oh the joy of modeling. This doesn't even include the Star Wars kits, the military kits, the car models, the Harley Davidson models, the aviation models........

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Didn't you say you were married? You must have the most understanding wife on the planet! Good job! :bolian:

5. KirkTrekModeler

Yes, she's very understanding. She understands that I wear the pants. LOL But seriously folks.... I multi-task. I'm always busy. When I get on a modeling bent I might work on ten kits at a time. While the paint is drying on one, I'll be assembling another, while the glue is drying on that I'll putty the seems on another....etc.... Then there are times when I just have to put something down, because it's irritating me.... I've been doing this for about 32yrs, so I think I got a grasp of the basics. :rommie:

6. Rattrap

Rattrap Commander Red Shirt

KTM,

JT Graphics makes a nice set of decals for the Vulcan Shuttle. Federation Models carries them.

7. KirkTrekModeler

I sincerely appreciate the input and JT does some really great work, but I don't buy from Federation Models and I kinda like making my own, most of the time.

Thanks anyway though. :thumbsup:

8. KirkTrekModeler

I quibbled with myself over whether or not I should post these pictures, start a new thread, or not post at all... I didn't want to start a new thread, God knows I've got a lot going on here, I don't want to be a forum hog, it's just that I've got soooo much going right now and despite the efforts of some, I've actually got a place to show it. Thanks Ptrope! :thumbsup:

Anyway, since this is technically part of my Fleet, I figured I show it here and not start a new thread. I'm also posting a link to the forum where I will be updating regularly, so that I don't bog down the forum, or this thread, but I will have intermittant updates.

As always..... Keep on Trekkin! :thumbsup:

These are two 1/350th Refits under construction, one will be lit and the other will not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I actually rather like the TWOK shuttle kitbash.

10. KirkTrekModeler

Thanks Unicron. That was a composite of three kits. The Vulcan shuttle, an AMT Refit and an AMT AMTronic kit.

You can find out more about it here.
    http://www.greysteele.com/models/

and here.. http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/cars/amtronicpreview.htm

When I first saw that kit I thought it would make a great TMP TWOK era vehicle. It had some of the same lines and characteristics of the Refit. My first thought was that it needed nacelles and that was about it, but I thought of the Vulcan shuttle as a base.

I designed it, eventually, as a multipurpose craft. In theory it can work as a land vehicle, a shuttle, a larger Workbee, a cargo hauler, a submarine, a hover car.... You name it. I wanted it to have multiple uses, from basicly the same frame. Of course this would be something Mr. Scott would have designed. :)

11. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I think it looks nice. It reminds me of some of the tactical fighters and assault shuttles in Jackill's manuals.

12. KirkTrekModeler

Well, cool, thanks. I did this in 2001, 2002, I think, but then I went back to it and built another one and tried it out as an RC car and a 4X4, expanding on my original design.

13. KirkTrekModeler

14. KirkTrekModeler

Some updates from recent work....

Here's the picture of the stand I made, with the lights on. With the lights off, it kind of looked like a Horta egg, but with the lights on, it reminds me of Zargon's shell.

[​IMG]

I'm going back over my refit and trying to match the colors to what was actually on the screen.

[​IMG]

Here's a C3PO that's almost ready, not Trek, but still Sci-Fi.

[​IMG]

I'm also working on his little buddy.
    [​IMG]

These are some preliminary decals I made up for the TOS 1/350th build-up, using Alan sinclair's blueprints.
    [​IMG]

15. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see more of the 7 of 9 figure!

16. KirkTrekModeler

I'll be happy to show her, but I'm afraid I'll have to censor certain parts. :angel:

17. biotech

Not by PM you wouldn't.

Or theres always lonaf

18. KirkTrekModeler

Well, there's that, but even with PM, to stay out of trouble I would have to have verification that you are of age and I would have to have some kind of agreement that the images would not be shared....etc....etc....etc.... Unfortunately, on a board like this, I should probably censor them to cover my own tail and not get into more trouble. I'm still tossed as to whether I should cover her in liquid latex, or just leave her flesh toned. Needless to say, she's not my wifes favorite model. LOL

19. biotech

Well if you did join lonaf we have age restricted albums, where you have to be 18 to see them.

Of course I was 18 19 years ago, coming onto 20 soon.

20. KirkTrekModeler

I'll consider it, but I will show some updates here, at any rate. Thanks.