Music from "Angels Take Manhattan" (Poss Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Mitty, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone knows if the music that played as Amy and Rory fell from the building was an existing musical queue from a previous season or soundtrack, or if it was a brand new one? I know the music that played as the Doctor Read's Amy's afterword was "A Lonely Decision" from the Season 5 Soundtrack, so I'm hoping this was an existing queue as well.

Same for the music that played leading up to Amy Vanishing when the Angel touched her. I'm guessing this was all new but I could be wrong.

2. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

It's new.

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's a new tune. A variation of it was actually used first in The Power of Three, but no, it's not from any of the previous soundtracks.

4. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Which I guess begs the question will we get a series 7 soundtrack (presumeably once the second half airs)?

I seem to recall a blog or site that listed all the episodes and which musical queues they used. Stuff from Series 5 appeared in series 6 as well, for example "The Life and Death of Amy Pond" was heard as the Minotaur was dying in "The God Complex".

5. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Just watched Asylum yesterday...it shows up as early as then too.