Mr Robot Season 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Tom, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Noticed there was not a thread for this. Anybody watching Mr. Robot? I have seen the first 3 episodes so far. Pretty good. great addition with Bobby Carnavale in the cast. Episode 3 was a good filler episode that filled in the gaps of what happened to Tyrell after the 5/9 hack.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blueness Premium Member

I LOVE Mr. Robot. Season 3 has gotten off to a slow start but they are also going back and "filling in the blanks," as it were, for the previous events. I like how we're finally seeing other people acknowledge, and take advantage of the fact that he's
    two different people .
    That scene with his shrink was very creepy.

3. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Season three has been great so far. I still fear for Trenton and Mobley, but I'm hoping for the best.

Also, Irving is a welcome addition to the show.

4. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Like this show a lot. Still confused as to where it is going but enjoying the ride

5. auntiehill

That is what I love about it. So many shows are so predictable, written so formulaically that it feels like TV by Mad Libs. This show is not always predictable -- there have been a few moments that have actually surprised me. I love the main character, the way the show is filmed--the cinematography is part of the story-telling -- and all the odd little details.

6. auntiehill

Holy crap, that was an amazing episode. I loved the long, single tracking shots; it was gripping and the thing just flew by.I'm thankful they cut back the commercials, & not just because they're annoying; they would've ruined the flow.

7. Count Zero

Count Zero Looking at words Moderator

That was quite an ending. :eek:
    I have no idea what was going on with the Angela storyline. The riots were frightening. I guess the woman who saw her will be found in a ditch somewhere. :( And why did Darlene tell Elliot that she was working with the FBI?

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The show lost me last season. It was a total borefest for me. I was going to stop watching if the first three episodes didn't entertain me. They did so I'm sticking around.

9. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Episode 6, great episode with Elliot and his dad fighting for control.What a surprise ending, cant wait till next week.

10. auntiehill

That was pretty awesome. Pretty freaking shocking to see the final results.

11. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Great. Still wondering what the endgame is.for white rose...not just the Congo..something else

12. auntiehill

Yeah, Angela has lost it.

Very sad to see the last two of the gang suffer such a terrible fate.

So White Rose is the center of everything, but to what end?

13. Push The Button

This was a pretty grim episode. But I see battle lines being drawn, as most of the mains now have reason and motive to take WR and the Dark Army down (Price, Tyrell, Angela, Dom, Darlene and certainly Elliot/Mr. Robot have all been betrayed in one way or another).

14. auntiehill

Good episode...very sad but clearly Elliot now has a plan.

Loved the two-shot with Angela; great cinematography.

Push The Button likes this.
  15. Push The Button

"I still have things to do.."

I recall Walter White saying that very thing once, just prior to robo-gunning a bunch of neo-nazis to death.

16. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Admiral Admiral

This show is outstanding.

17. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

It sure is!

18. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Keeping TNZ Shiny! Moderator

I love the slow progression of New York City into a dystopian police state.

19. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally caught up. It as been a pretty intense season. They've also been pretty creative in how they show things (or how we hear them). It has also been nice to see them humanize a few people (i.e. Elliot's dad, and even Elliott himself)

I wonder if White Rose connects with Elliot because he/she recognizes a fellow split personality?

Other random questions -

So will there be another season? Any details on if would be how the long the show could go?

Also, i recently notice Rami Malek and Christian Slater as producers. What role speifically do they have as a producer?

20. auntiehill

Usually , stars get "producer" credit as something of a vanity title; it may only indicate that they have enough creative influence/ input to allow changes that could, however slightly, affect the budget.

I, too, wondered if White Rose recognized Elliot as a kindred spirit with an alternate personality --he described his as his sister while Elliott's is based on his Dad.

Sad to see Angela's descent into madness; who picked her up in the van? Was that the Dark Army of the FBI? I assumed it was the FBI but hubby says no.