Movies Seen In 2019

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Danny99, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know if anyone is interested in continuing this yearly thread, but it is the only place I can pretend to be an amateur Siskel & Ebert.

Bird Box - B+
    I was entertained, even when the movie didn't reveal much. Both Sandra Bullock and John Malkovich take what could be one note characters and add layers to them. Even though I would've liked more, I was fine with not knowing what was attacking the planet if only to avoid something silly like the ending of The Happening where the planet is killing humans for being a threat. The ending does however seem to tack on danger of them being separated in the forest just for the hell of it and the last five minutes seem too easy of an out.

I Feel Pretty - D
    Amy Schumer has great potential as an actress, but this was a horrible, horrible movie that I watched to make my wife happy. It was just silly, having moments like an entire conversation about Hidden Valley and Amy asking about stealing condiments for the rich grandmother. We all knew what ending was coming, right down to the "I am awesome because I am me!" But the rest of the movie is a female version of a Will Ferrell movie: a bunch of skit scenes, one after another. Did we really need the awkward bar scene where the guy talks about his "god-niece" in the bikini contest? And does the fact that Amy became a total tool after being looked down on really say good about her character?

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

3. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks odo! Mods, please close this thread and I will move my post to the other one.

od0_ital likes this.