Most powerful alpha quadrant ship?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by cwl, Aug 9, 2011.

1. cwl

cwl Commander Red Shirt

What do you think is the most powerful alpha quadrant ship?

By 'alpha quadrant ship' I mean any ship that was built in the Alpha Quadrant. so Borg ships flying into the alpha quadrant do not count.

any ideas?

Galaxy class
    Sovereign class
    D'Deridex class
    Valdore class
    Negh'Var class
    Breen battleship
    Dominion battleship
    Galor class

plus any others.

2. Bill Morris

Bill Morris Commodore Commodore

Wells class

3. cwl

cwl Commander Red Shirt

ah the timeship, good choice. and here was me trying to decide between the Scimitar, Negh'Var and Dominion battleship.

4. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

The "Wesley Crusher Class," they can do anything and save the day by figuring out to how to rearrange system conduits without actually laying out new conduits.

5. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

The Worf Class is the strongest class around until the writers decide to introduce a new class.

6. Vanyel

The More Powerful Than Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together Class.

7. Crewman47

Crewman47 Commodore Newbie

To be nitpicky half the ship classes you've got in your list weren't built in the Alpha quadrant - D'Deridex, Valdore, Negh'var and the Dominion battleship so they wouldn't count.

My vote would though would have to go to the Breen battleship.

8. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What class is a workbee?

9. cwl

cwl Commander Red Shirt

well both the Romulan and Klingon Empire's extend into the Alpha quadrant, whether their ships were constructed there or not we don't know.

as for the Dominion battleships I'm pretty sure they were built in Cardassian space.

10. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

11. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

the uss dennis bailey's backhand

12. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

Initially I would have said The Scimitar because it easily overpowered the E-E along with two Warbirds. Had the E-E crew not found a way to locate it, they would not have stood a chance. Furthermore the ship was carrying an enormous amount of lethal Thalaron radiation. But then I thought about another ship...

The "Planet Killer" in "The Doomsday Machine". This ship had a hull made out of solid neutronium, which could not be penetrated by any weapons. It took two ships ramming down its maw in order to disable it (and even then it wasn't fully destroyed). Whether or not 24th century ships could penetrate its hull or not isn't clear, but needless to say its one of the most powerful ships encountered in the Alpha Quadrant.

13. Vanyel

It may not have come from our galaxy, Spock believed it to come from another.

14. Anwar

Anwar Vice Admiral Admiral

Any ship with main characters on it. They all become near-indestructible against anything that is shown blasting stuff apart in single shots.

15. Sibo191

Sibo191 Lieutenant Red Shirt

The Mayweather Class... Silent but deadly

16. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The quantum class. it has wormhole drive and an alien/starfleet hybrid power core

17. Arpy

Arpy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Galaxy was in its day until the D'deridex premiered. Then it was Negh'Var or Sovereign (which ever came first) then Valdore.

The Breen warship, I think, only ever had its one weapon which the others adapted to. The Galor was never in contention in the TNG era.

The Dominion battleship's got them all beat but it's from the Gamma Quadrant. The Scimitar is a one-off ship so I don't count it, but it may be in contention with the Dominion battleship. Ships from the future also don't count or it would probably be whatever the most future ship was.