More score from The X-Fiels is coming...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by tharpdevenport, Aug 17, 2008.

1. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

During a recent interview, compsoer Mark Snow -- who scored every episode of "The X-Files", "MillenniuM", "Harsh Realm", and "The Lone Gunmen" -- said compilations of his music are being put together for possible release. A MySpace page for a man doing the compiling, confirms this.

And in a brand new interview, he suggests the same label who just released his "The X-Files: I Want To Believe" score, will also be releasing CD(s) of score from the series.

One would assume by year's end.

Snow's upcoming films scores include:

"The Incident" (Foreign title: Herbes folles, Les; same director which he scored "Couers" for [BuySoundtrax released the score recently])
    "Knights of Appletown"
    "The Hunter" (no IMDB page yet)
    and
    "Armageddagain: The Day Before Tomorrow"
    Also, not counting his TV scoring.

2. PK95

PK95 Captain Captain

That would be great. I have yet to get the new movie score due to not finding it in stores (I will eventually give up and order it online). I think it would be nice to have more of the television score as well. I have the other four soundtracks (2 song, 2 score) and love the scores more than the song soundtracks. Bring on more Mark Snow music.

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: More score from The X-Files is coming...

Man, I love the X-Fiels!

:p ;)

4. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Yeah, can't edit my subject line. Some random MOD -- feel free.

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually you can if you hit the "Post Reply" or "Go Advanced" button (which is what I did to help you out there). Why it doesn't show up on the main page, I am not sure.

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

There's a lot of interesting material from the series, so I'm excited. I Want to Believe had some good tracks on the album, but overall it faded into unmemorable underscore (which functioned well in the picture but falls flat on the album).

I wonder if we'll ever get those Millennium tracks that are on itunes on CD? I love his work on that series. And The Lone Gunmen was a lot of fun, too. Maybe one day?