Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by 137th Gebirg, Jul 24, 2008.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Thought some of you might find this interesting.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html

2. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

Mitchell's always been a bit crazy.
    - He conducted ESP experiments while on the Moon.
    - He claimed that a teenage healer cured him of kidney cancer, though he never had a biopsy to confirm he HAD cancer (only an MRI which MAY have been cancer).
    - He says that the cabal in the government covering up the UFOs stopped briefing presidents after JFK.

3. 137th Gebirg

Never mind the fact that NASA puts all their astronauts through rigorous physical and psychological evaluations before sending them on such missions, even back then? Do these claims have a source other than infowars.com?

4. Alpha_Geek

Alpha_Geek Commodore Commodore

Those same tests that the diaper wearing, cross country driving, murder intent astronaut Nowak had? Sure they all get tested.

5. 137th Gebirg

Wow. This is interesting. Alien-existence debunkers on a Trek board. I must have stepped into the mirror universe this morning and forgot to check my quantum phase stabilization device.

:rolleyes:

6. anais

anais Captain Captain

Alien life is one thing, little green men another.

7. 137th Gebirg

No, that's just the "rolleyes" emoticon I used...

And they're really grey.

8. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

He is old, maybe its just a natural disease of his age making him come up with this stuff

9. anti-matter

anti-matter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't believe it, we're all adults here and know as a fact that this goverment can't keep secrets. That's that.

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The question of whether aliens exist elsewhere in the universe is separate from the question of whether they're visiting us in secret, or whether the particular types of "aliens" claimed to exist by the UFO set are genuine.

11. Meredith

Meredith Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the aliens are so devious and clever that the government isn't sure where they come from.

The Home grown alternate-terrestrials however are a different matter.

12. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's one of the most foolish and overused arguments I've heard. It's a shame it's repeated so often in such smug matter-of-fact way.

By definition we cannot evaluate the government's ability to keep a secret because the only secrets we've come to know have been leaked. Yet these leaked secrets do not tell us one thing about what the government has been capable of keeping away from the public. Since anything the government keeps from us successfully is by it's nature a secret, how can we make any claims that they can't do it successfully? we can't.

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Come on, the government can't do anything efficiently. It beggars credulity that it could keep a secret perfectly for decades.

Especially since we're talking about multiple governments, multiple factions coming into and out of power. Politicians like nothing more than to expose the scandals of their opposition or predecessors, and reporters want nothing more than to expose the next big government scandal and be the next Woodward and Bernstein. The level of scrutiny in Washington is therefore monumental. And with so many people who'd have to be involved in a coverup, that makes for a lot of lines of communication that can be intercepted, a lot of weak links that can be exploited, a lot of chances for people within the coverup to decide that it's wrong and needs to be exposed. The bigger a conspiracy gets, the exponentially more improbable it becomes that it can be kept secret indefinitely.

So as a rule, the only secrets that ever get kept in Washington are those that everyone agrees it's in the interests of national security to keep. The Stargate franchise notwithstanding, I don't believe the existence of saucer men from Koosbane is such a secret. On the contrary, if people from the opposition party found that the sitting administration had knowingly conspired to cover up the existence of skinny grey alien nudists who were abducting American citizens for titillatingly invasive and generally pointless probing, they wouldn't agree to keep the secret; on the contrary, they'd make a huge scandal out of it in order to blow away the opposition and retake the White House.

14. scotthm

scotthm Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, but what if the opposition leaders were invited to meet with the aliens, and were made to understand that disclosure would mean our immediate destruction at the hands of Gort?

---------------

15. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

I agree.

16. Zachary Smith

Zachary Smith Vice Admiral Admiral

Problem is though, the fact that it's being discussed demonstrates it HASN'T been effectively kept secret.

Whatever the truth is, whether there are aliens visiting earth or not, whether the government KNOWS or not, it is a subject that has been VERY effectively made ridiculous and VERY few people will make even the most feeble attempt to consider it seriously. There is inevitably a knee-jerk response that the claiments are "crazy" or mercenary attention-seekers. LOTS and LOTS of jokes get made and very rarely are the claims discussed at all.

Ever wonder WHY? Someone tell me, what is so DAMN "funny" about it all? I understand the skepticism, but what makes it so "funny"? Ask yourself. Think about it.

17. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm completely torn about whether they government actually have secret knowledge of aliens; or whether we're all that eager to believe, we'll come up with elaborate double bluffs and Garak-like twists and turns to prove there is a cover up.

But there are a suspicious number of people from both the Russian and American space agencies that either disappeared or died suddenly at various points in the plot...

Then again, if you had irrefutable proof of an alien cover-up, why would you talk to Kerrang about it? :p

18. 137th Gebirg

Here's the actual audio interview. There's a lot more here than was originally printed. The guy sounds pretty well-wrapped to me.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1fd_1216911065&p=1

As for the government stuff, if they really are keeping this stuff secret, they're relying on the fact that people will debunk and discredit those who have witnessed such events. Over half the people here outright dismiss Mitchell simply because he's old, or has taken alternative medical treatments, or make outrageous (ALL unsubstantiated, BTW) claims about his lifestyle. Well done, sheeple. The government doesn't have to keep secrets. You're doing their dirty work for them.

:rolleyes:

19. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This seems to happen a lot though. former military or astronauts coming forward when they're close to their life's end, telling stories of things that are, to put not too fine a point on it, unbelievable.

It seems to have started with Major Jesse Marcel, again, connected to the Roswell story. His son carried on that torch after his death, as well. He saw some of the debris, shown to him by his astonished father.

The question becomes - why do these men with such great track records in acheivements and keeping secrets decide to come forward in their golden years to reveal this SAME secret?

Why this? Why not something else?

how many times can the boy cry wolf?

20. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In a way, the current situation makes sense if there is truth to it.

With so many men and women involved in knowing "it", for how long would you expect it to be completely unknown to us, the public?

would you be able to keep a secret about the biggest revelation that mankind has ever dreamed of?