MLP:FIM S4E17 - "Somepony to Watch Over Me" - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Amaris, Mar 8, 2014.

?

Episode Grade

Poll closed Mar 15, 2014.
  1. A

28.6%
  2. B

71.4%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Episode Title: "Somepony to Watch Over Me"
    Air Date: March 8th, 2014

Summary: "Apple Bloom gets the chance to stay home alone for the day, but a series of unfortunate accidents causes Applejack to regret her decision. Apple Bloom must find a way to prove to her sister that she doesn’t need her to constantly watch over her."

Live Streams:
    BronyState Theaters
    Brony Network
    Xyro HD Stream
    Worlds of Equestria

REMEMBER: DO NOT POST SPOILERS UNTIL AFTER 1:00 PM EST (6 PM UTC/GMT)

=-

Ruminations:
    This seems like another good sister bonding episode, and I'm always in favor of those. Perhaps we'll see Applebloom grow a little more, or maybe we'll see Applejack get her rainbow dealie power from this episode. Who knows? I certainly don't, and if I did I wouldn't tell you, because I'm just like that. On to the show!

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

It was a fun CMC episode, Applejack went waaaaay overboard with this one. :lol:

We have squeaky-belle back again, either this was recorded earlier in the block or Claire still hasn't fully got over it, but Flight to the Finish and Twilight Time seemed different.

How many hats and bows do they have? :lol:

Redneck ponies well, red-er necked ponies.

What in the hell was that monster? mashed together several myths as well as monsters but I can't quite remember what part is which in that lot.

Do I even want to know why Applejack has kinky rubber boots lying around? to be honest, seeing as how it's AJ, I'm not sure I care ;) that's at least the second shoutout like that this season and I'm rather happy with it.

Although this all means AB is now probably going to be left alone more often and get into even more trouble with the others. :lol:

3. Amaris

It was good. It wasn't my favorite episode, and I think it was lacking in some areas, though the continued world building is nice. I didn't really do anything more than chuckle on occasion, though there was a scene at the end where the Creole pony accidentally insults his mother's cooking, only to reply "Don't be like that mama!" when he sees her reaction. That was funny.

The episode, overall, was good. Applejack being overprotective, Scootaloo's plan, and of course Sweetie Belle (also known as Best CMC) being adorable was enjoyable. Still, I didn't find a whole lot in the episode, and felt it was kind of stretching thin, so I gave it a "B." Still fun, still enjoyable. :)

4. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

It was kind of like a Chimera but with tiger instead of lion parts.

Who would have thunk that travelling to pony Lousiana was so dangerous? I did like the peek into redneck ponyland. The monster was also interesting though I felt they could have done more regarding the solution of getting it out of the way than just having it be incapacitated.

5. Amaris

Surprisingly, I wasn't a fan of this monster design, as I've seen them do so much better. I think I'm spoiled now. :lol:

6. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Light hearted ep, with a season 1(ish) style story. For a filler ep, it was one of the better ones of the season.

7. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

A for me. I loved it. As a somewhat overprotective aunt, I need to remember when to let go like AJ did.

8. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

B

It was okay. Cute EP but not amazing.

9. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

B

An ok filler episode. And I felt sorry for Applebloom at times :lol:.