MLB 2024: Baseball is for Everyone (subject to local blackout restrictions)

Boston? News to me.

I've been to Fenway Park for a lot of Yankees/Redsox series and they were all really cool. Not ONCE was I ever harassed or yelled at or even looked at wrong. The Boston fans were some of the nicest, coolest people I've ever met. I even had guys say to me "Hey, good luck tonight." and MEAN it!

Yankees/Redsox is FUN. It's the exact opposite of, say, Liverpool/Man United....

And from the Iowa Cubs games I've seen, the ABS system still needs a lot more time in the oven before I'd even consider bringing it to MLB full-time.

As a Storm Chasers season ticket holder, I approve this message.

Last edited:
I don't know why a ten month old story is suddenly get play on Seattle sports radio, but a poll of 999 baseball fans say that Seattle Mariners fans are the least hated and best behaved in baseball; with New York, Boston and Houston being the worst.

The Mariners are the one team remaining that has never been to a World Series, so it's not like they have something to get in your face over.

Also, when the stadium experience, bobblehead dolls and garlic fries gets more promotion than the actual team, you get quite a lot of fair weather and casual fans.

I don't know why a ten month old story is suddenly get play on Seattle sports radio, but a poll of 999 baseball fans say that Seattle Mariners fans are the least hated and best behaved in baseball; with New York, Boston and Houston being the worst.
Separating hated and behaved, I'd say the Dodgers have to be climbing the hated list and with as many near brawls as the Brewers have been involved in, they may be making the naughty list.

Amazon is streaming the Tigers game for free so I turned it on and chose the home broadcast. Kirk Gibson is just kind of there. He's not bad, but he's not good. Sometimes he has insight, sometimes it's babbling. I wonder how far along his Parkinson's is. :(

On a side note, Amazon Prime is nice to have to catch a baseball game every now and then. Sometimes there's just one free MLB.tv game, sometimes there's a bunch of them, sometimes there are none. But if you're not picky, it's a nice availability.

MLB announced yesterday that it has finally completed integrating Negro League statistics into the league's overall statistics and record books, stirring things up a bit (Barry Bonds no longer has the single-season OPS record; his monster 2004 dropped behind Josh Gibson's 1937 and '43 seasons, for example).

MLB announced yesterday that it has finally completed integrating Negro League statistics into the league's overall statistics and record books, stirring things up a bit (Barry Bonds no longer has the single-season OPS record; his monster 2004 dropped behind Josh Gibson's 1937 and '43 seasons, for example).

Fuck the cheater.

So are you campaigning for the recall of Hank Aaron and Mickey Mantle from the Hall, too? They were using amphetamines like candy.

Not necessarily campaigning, but if it is proven that someone cheated, they should be banned.

Not necessarily campaigning, but if it is proven that someone cheated, they should be banned.

Baseball has never been clean. Ever. The Hall is full of cheaters, like Gaylord Perry, Mantle, Aaron, Ruth (who was shooting ram testosterone into his ass in the 1920s).

Josh Gibson became Major League Baseball's career leader with a .372 batting average, surpassing Ty Cobb's .367, when Negro Leagues records for more than 2,300 players were incorporated Tuesday after a three-year research project.

So are you campaigning for the recall of Hank Aaron and Mickey Mantle from the Hall, too? They were using amphetamines like candy.
What do amphetamines actually do for performance vs steroids?

The downward toilet spiral continues for the
lolMets 1d.png

Mets to reportedly DFA reliever Jorge López after he called them 'worst team in probably the whole f***ing MLB' after being ejected
Though he later claimed he meant he was the 'worst teammate'. A clear case where both things can be true.

It appears that he did say teammate and some outlets misquoted him as saying team.

Now Lopez will become a Yankee or Dodger or Phillie or Guardian and win a World Series.

Back