MLB 2022 Season: Houston Warship: Go Phuck Yourselves

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Timby, Apr 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

It's only a shame he's doing it for a team that won't even sniff the playoffs anytime soon.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

On a generational bad team, unfortunately.

cardinal biggles likes this.
  3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Marcell Ozuna got busted with a DUI. Hopefully they can finally void his contract.

4. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

MLB contracts are fully guaranteed, the Braves aren't getting out of that deal.

BillJ likes this.
  5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Seattle at Oakland is one of the national games on Fox. I guess it's more for the Mariners than the A's because holy cow, that's one empty stadium for a Saturday afternoon.

6. Timby

Par for the course for Oakland, especially since the A's are in a tailspin and 34 games under .500.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

We'll see if their attendance improves when they move to Vegas.

8. Ar-Pharazon

No "behavior detrimental to the team" stuff in MLB contracts?

9. Timby

Nope. There are some standard provisions in contracts, like prohibiting motorcycle riding (remember Jeff Kent saying he broke his wrist by falling while washing his truck? :lol:) but there aren't any morality clauses. There's no genuinely viable way to get out of a MLB contract signed in good faith by both sides.

Paragraph 7(b)1 of the standard players' contract states that that a contract can be voided if the player "shall fail, refuse, or neglect to conform his personal conduct to the standards of good citizenship and good sportsmanship or keep himself in first-class physical condition.'' But that hasn't held up in court; the Rockies had to pay Denny Neagle after he was caught soliciting a prostitute, and the Orioles had to pay Sidney Ponson after he beat up a judge and later got busted for DUI.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  10. Ar-Pharazon

Prohibited by the CBA, or "just not done"? With more and more athletes acting like idiots, it's something they should look at.

Not that a DUI is the worst thing any baseball player has done in recent years.

11. Timby

See the paragraph I added.

But the moment the MLBPA gives owners a way to get out of guaranteed contracts, Marvin Miller is going to rise from his grave and consume the souls of the union leadership, as that's the one thing he held sacred from the moment he became the MLBPA's executive director.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  12. Aragorn

Padres have temporarily removed Josh Hader as closer after a few ninth inning meltdowns so he can work on some things. They will go to a committee for the time being.

13. Ar-Pharazon

Hasn't Hader gotten more prone to blowing saves the last couple years?

One time he walked 5 straight.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Does Paul O'Neill still have to do his color commentary from his basement studio (because of not being vaccinated)?

Only reason I ask is because he is actually at Yankee Stadium today, for the ceremony to retire his number. He's even giving a speech on the field. Did they make an exception? Or did he get the vaccine after all?

Edit: The stadium organist even played "O Canada" (since they're playing the Blue Jays). Has this ever happened before? I mean, I've been to Yankee Stadium before when the Jays were in town, and I don't remember "O Canada" ever being played. I wonder what changed their minds...

(back in the day, when the Expos would go on the road, a lot of ballparks would do it, but I don't remember it ever happening with the Jays.)

Edit edit: I thought Marwin Gonzalez was DFA. What's he still doing there? :confused:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  15. Aragorn

People are complaining that the White Sox-Guardians game has been in a two-hour rain delay without any rain.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

And now they postponed the game. With NO rain? What the hell? :confused:

Did the Guardians do this just so they wouldn't have to face Dylan Cease? :lol:

17. Timby

He's only on the field. New York City ended its vaccine mandate for professional performers back in March. YES is still free to enforce its own vaccine requirements, so he won't be in the booth. Edit: He also didn't interact with any active players; they had Posada catch his first pitch.

He's been on the Yankees' roster all season.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  18. Starbreaker

19. Timby

20. Starbreaker

"Ozuna from the Braves" was how he identified himself when he handed over his MLB ID to the cop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.