Mission: Trek!

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Forbin, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just watched Mission Impossible, Season 2 episode 2, Original Air Date: 17 September 1967

Guest Stars: Mark Lenard (Sarek), Jack Donner (Subcommander Tal)
    Location: The fort that was Cestus III, and the surrounding Vasquez Rocks that have been every other damn planet.
    Studio: Desilu, of course
    Producer: Herb Solow
    Episode title: "Trek"

:eek: Too many parallels! Mind. Can't. Cope!!

:lol:

2. TheLonelySquire

TheLonelySquire Vice Admiral

That is pretty freaky!

3. Kagan

Kagan Commodore Commodore

That Mission: Impossible episode was good one, too. There's other ones in the second season that have the Andromedan leader, Flint, Commodore Decker, Slyvia from Catspaw, and one of the miners from Mudd's Women.

The first season also had Commodore Decker, Commodore Stone, Lt Sulu, Eddie Paskey, and Lt Marlena Moreau from Mirror, Mirror.

TOS and M:I were on the same lot at Desilu/Paramount. The studios at one time were next to each other, so they shared extras and guest stars under contract to the studio.

The first season episode with George Takei also sported a redressed/repainted corridor from the Enterprise including the trapezoidal archway.

TOS and M:I were my two favorite shows as a kid. I've collected all the TOS and TAS DVD sets...now I'm working on the M:I sets. They are much cheaper by the way.

4. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I'll be damned. I just watched that one yesterday and I didn't recognize Lenard at all!

It's funny, though, I did notice how good the music was in that episode, and thought "gee, Trek wasn't the only series to have good music!" The music was composed by Gerald Fried, who did several episodes of TOS.

5. Plum

Plum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love watching shows from this period and comparing it to Star Trek. Puts Trek into the context of it's time, for me ('cause I'm not THAT old). My fav comparison has always been 12 O'Clock High, another Desilu production.

6. Forbin

I thought the music sounded VERY Trekkian, but I missed the composer credit at the end.

7. Forbin

In fact, I'm sure William Windom was the villian at least twice in season 1!