Miss Chicken - from Over the Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Miss Chicken, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

More than two years have passed since the 'real Miss Chicken' - little three legged cat extraordinaire and Ruler Of the Earth - passed away and journeyed over the Rainbow Bridge. When she got to Pet Heaven she found it happy enough but rather chaotic. Relying on the skills she honed while Supreme Ruler of the Earth, Miss Chicken has gotten Pet Heaven better organised. However she has recognised a major care taking problem along with a few other more minor problems and she has decided to allow a limited amount of humans into Pet Heaven.

So, if you would like apply to enter Pet Heaven instead on Human Heaven*** put your name down in this thread and tell of any special pet related skills you might have. Also let us know of any animal/s in Pet Heaven who might be willing to be you referee. Photos of you and said animal might help.

Also cats and dogs aren't really tech savvy and that is why it has taken Miss Chicken so long to get a message to me. Transdimensional IT skills will most certainly be a plus.

*** Miss Chicken has informed me that Human Heaven doesn't really exist, someone made it up to prevent humans from going nuts! Knowing this will make Pet Heaven very attractive to any human lucky to be selected.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Amaris and Skellington like this.
  2. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I have a little girl there who is already holding a spot just for me. As Dallie would tell you, I was proficient in belly rubs, ear skritches, and the dropping of smoked sausages to the kitchen floor while cooking. She has been there 5 years now, and has probably made some great friends, whom I hope will accept me once I get to meet them for myself.

Miss Chicken likes this.
  3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would like to apply based on my super skill, sleeping.
    Also. I have friends there.

Miss Chicken likes this.
  4. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Please, please, please, I want in!!
    I am very good with cats, and have even been employed as a cat sitter on various occasions. I am great at petting, brushing, nuzzling, keeping warm on cold winter nights, mixing just the right ratio of dry to wet food, and providing copious praise and positive words, among other skills. I also work in IT and have great organizational skills.

References:
    1. Scooter - Although we knew each other only briefly, Scooter is my oldest reference. I am the one who named him (he is the namesake of my beloved scooter that I enjoyed riding), and he loved to spend equal amounts of time indoors and outdoors. He went to Pet Heaven on the same day that I lost my first tooth and won my first softball game. And although my memories of his last moments are horrific, I look forward to making new ones with him!!

2. Sammy - He knew me longest, and lived a fulfilling and happy life. He excelled at comforting crying children, as well as somehow taking over your pillow every night so that you would wake up with your head nearly falling off the bed. I bet he loves the infinite pillows in Pet Heaven.

3. Tammy - My beautiful tabby girl kitty chose me as a kitten. I cared not that she was the runt of the litter. Alas, her body's stunted development proved too difficult to overcome, and just four years later her organs gave way. I can't wait to feed her cheese in Pet Heaven!

4. Sandy - The only dog reference that I have. So smart, so soft, so much fun. I'm so glad I got to say goodbye one last time, and I really look forward to petting her red golden locks again!

5. Oliver (aka Olly) - Another taken too young. Olly was the end of an era...after this little white fluffball left this earth, I no longer had reason enough to visit my parents' house on college weekends. It would be many more years until I took in another cat.

Miss Chicken likes this.
  5. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My current dog, Ripley, is going to Foundations of Agility 1 tonight for our 2nd of 6 classes. I cooked her some chicken as her high value treat. And look - I taught her to sit on a pot!
    [​IMG]
    I spoil her with 3 walks a day - before I go to work, with a dog walker while I'm at work, and when I get home. I think she's pretty awesome.

This picture is from about a year ago, shortly before Bandit went over the bridge. She made it to 16 before her hind legs more or less stopped working. Maggie went about a year before. Both sweet dogs, and very much missed.
    [​IMG]

KimMH and Miss Chicken like this.
  6. Miss Chicken

I think you might qualify for a dog walker, though as dogs run free in Pet Heaven it is more likely your will spend eternity throwing balls.

Spot's Meow - quite a few good references there, you might be in with a chance.

teacake - I will have to ask Miss Chicken if she plans to let human sleep in Pet Heaven.

Coloratura - I think belly rubbers will be in great demand.

Spot's Meow likes this.
  7. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

I cannot imagine any heaven without dogs cats and other furred family members, so would respectfully like to apply. Like John A., I am proficient in dropping food upon the floor and can make it look completely accidental. Cannot promise I won't fall in love with all the furbabies there. Hoping to see so many friends, but most recently Max, our 12 year old bulldog who did his best not to let us know he was ill. We miss him very day; even the cats do! His sisters Tigger and Sophie and Uncle Rocko, who all preceeded him will be no less joyfully re-united with. *sigh*

Miss Chicken likes this.
  8. Miss Chicken

I suppose that my childhood cat, Tiddles, will be Pet Heaven. Maybe once she got there she would have slimmed down and can now run instead of wobbling.[​IMG]
    Her weight problem was my Mum's fault.

9. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

^awww, it's hard not to spoil them.

10. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

My dog Azul went through the ice and died Dec. 22, and I would love to join her in puppy heaven someday. I could be an agility trainer there- we took many classes over the years and she even showed off her skills at the Minnesota State Fair several times. I'm also good at spoiling dogs since I have a hard time saying no to cute furry faces.:)
    [​IMG]
    I really miss my doggie and so does her doggie sister Wilma.

KimMH likes this.
  11. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I have two cats, Sonya and Casey, waiting for me. I also have Annabelle, Rainbow, Amy and Keyle, four poodles and Sydney, a golden Labrador, waiting too, as well as thirteen hamsters and many goldfish.

KimMH likes this.