Contest: ENTER Misc Avatar Contest: Today We Celebrate Our Independence Day!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Avro Arrow, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

So a couple years ago, I was running one of these contests around the end of June, and I went with a Canada theme in honour of Canada Day on July 1. Admittedly, that's the first place my mind went this time, too. However, we've already done that as a theme, and you probably all get a little tired of me mentioning Canada this and Canada that anyway. So I decided to turn my attention elsewhere. It turns out that there is another country that has their major national holiday around the same time of year. This country is maybe a little overlooked, and doesn't really get all that much attention or recognition on the world stage. So I thought maybe we could give a little boost to this country, by featuring it in our avatar contest this week.

I speak, of course, of the United States of America.

July 4 is Independence Day in the United States. In honour--sorry, honor--of that, our theme this week is anything related to the USA. You may enter American symbols, buildings, monuments, attractions, scenery, etc. You can even enter images representing American history or mythology. Pretty much anything related to America is OK.

Since America is sometimes called a land of excess, you may enter up to two avatars. Usual rules apply: maximum image size of 200 x 200 pixels, and file size of 1 MB. And although the title of the thread was taken from a movie, President Whitmore would like to remind you:

[​IMG]

Contest will be open for about a week.

To start us off, here are my entries:

[​IMG]
    - Columbia, personification of America (Probably best known today for the Columbia Pictures logo, but that would technically be a media image! ;) )

[​IMG]
    - The Lincoln Memorial

Have fun! :techman:

auntiehill and Gary Mitchell like this.
  2. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

cool topic! =) I already have a few ideas

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

OK, here's mine:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Orac and Avro Arrow like this.
  4. Avro Arrow

Well, this topic doesn't seem to be too popular. Which is odd, considering the sheer volume of choices available. (Plus I thought that a fair percentage of visitors here were American, so I thought they might be interested in a contest about their own country.)

I'm planning to put the poll up sometime on the weekend, so there are only two or three days left if you would like to enter.

Maybe this will give you some inspiration...

5. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

You wanna inspire people, do it right. ;)

But I hear ya, so there.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    Orac and Avro Arrow like this.
  6. Avro Arrow