Mirror Universe after Discovery left

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by James Carter, Aug 26, 2020.

1. James Carter

James Carter Ensign Red Shirt

Any thoughts about what happened after Burnham brought the Emperor back with her? How does this set up Mirror Mirror.

Also, how does the destruction of Quo'nos lead to the Cardassian-Klingon alliances victory over the Terran Empire?

2. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Georgiou was just replaced with another Emperor. Things change so fast in the Mirror Universe that I'd guess 10 years is like an eternity over there.

Qo'noS being destroyed would've diminished the Klingons' numbers and would've forced them to seek allies against the Terran Empire. Strength in numbers and "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Tim Thomason and KennyB like this.
  3. James Carter

Any more detailed thoughts? No offense intended

4. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm more of the school of thought that a Mirror is created anew whenever somebody crosses over. Or, rather, selected from an infinite lot.

The Mirrors are always slightly different anyway: sometimes the Terrans have cloaks, but in a later visit to "the" realm, they suddenly don't, say. If there is no "the" there, if every visit automatically hits a parallel universe with a visitor-sized and -shaped hole in it but few other criteria, then there's no need for this sort of consistency - and also no concept of "consequence". The Emperor might go missing in one Mirror, but another, almost identical one would exist where she's still there and it's the visitor's counterpart who's missing.

Then again, one Mirror Kira did say that events similar to those of "Mirror, Mirror" happened in her realm's past. Not necessarily exactly the same way, but similar enough. Which just means that Lord Garth's vision would come to pass, with the detail varying from Mirror to Mirror...

Timo Saloniemi

Turtletrekker likes this.
  5. Lord Garth

There's not enough information for me to go on to go any further. It seems pretty cut-and-dried, based on what we've seen in TOS, DS9, and DSC. So I just went with the way I think things would go based on what little we have to go on.

Anything more is crossing over from speculation to fan-fiction or reading into what's not there.

But here's one piece of speculation: I think the Emperor-ship might be hereditary, until someone from outside overthrows it and starts a family line of rulers of their own. Might as well throw ENT into the mix too. I think Georgiou might be a descendant of Empress Sato. If that's the case, and Mirror Burnham was Emperor Georgiou's adopted daughter because she couldn't have a child of her own, then the line that started with Hoshi Sato ended with Phillipa Georgiou. So the the next Emperor was probably an outsider. But that's pure speculation on my part.

Sato is a Japanese surname, but Georgiou is a Greek surname. So Georgiou in the Prime Timeline might have a Greek ancestor. If that's the case, then it's possible a descendant of Sato's and an ancestor of Georgiou's married a spouse who was Greek and took on their name. Once again: speculation.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  6. James Carter

Ahh I was using the premise that the mirror mirror Universe is the same in Enterprise, Discovery , Ds9. More like multiple mirror Universes

7. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

dupersuper and Lord Garth like this.
  8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

They continue killing each other?

Cyrus likes this.
  9. Lord Garth

Nice. Looks like I guessed right. :techman:

Cutting and pasting Jordon Nardino's tweets.

Let's find out!

Okay. That's all stuff that happened during and after First Contact in 2063.

So Qo'noS wasn't destroyed on her watch. It was one of her predecessors.

Andoria was conquered in the 22nd Century, it looks like.

Okay, so she had a parent with the last name Georgiou.

So, like I said, Georgiou is descended from Hoshi Sato. Further explanation below.

So this was something I've always suspected. Georgiou didn't work her way up to Emperor. She inherited the position. That explains why she acts the way she does in DSC and comes off as spoiled sometimes. It also explains why she had an easier time adjusting to the Prime Universe than you'd think.

She was handed her position on a silver platter and always had an army of guards to back her up. Someone who actually fought their way up to the top in the Mirror Universe wouldn't have ever been able to adjust to the Prime Universe.

And the Terrans are based off Romans. I believe this was hinted at in the intro for "Into the Mirror Darkly" (ENT).

I hope Season 3 of DSC and Section 31 actually spell out the Writer's Intent. If they do, it would clear up a lot of things once and for all. I never knew about these tweets from the writer until now.

Thanks @Cyrus.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  10. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In one of the novels, Georgiou is her married name, from a Greek ex-husband. If this is the case in the mirror universe, then mirror Philippa married the Greek counterpart and took his name.

I was always under the assumption that she worked her way up to Emperor, probably from a junior Imperial officer, and was adopted in much the same way she adopted Michael.

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

They are all the same. At least that’s the intent. But the TOS Mirror Universe has about as much connection to the DSC Mirror universe as the Prime Universe TOS has to the Discoverse. Make of that what you will.

BillJ likes this.
  12. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's all connected is what I make of it :D

13. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

There is zero difference between the Prime Star Trrk universe and what you call the 'Discoverse'.

AlanC9, fireproof78 and Turtletrekker like this.
  14. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

It’s a fictitious universe, so I can believe whatever I want.

somebuddyX likes this.
  15. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe her husband was the emperor and she took the throne from him.

16. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't Philippa a Greek name too?

17. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was a comic that covered what happened after the destruction of the Charon called 'Star Trek: Discovery: Succession'.

18. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is (or rather, an English version of a Greek-originating name), but it's important to note that, in the modern day, East Asians often adopt or are given a separate Western name (i.e. Hosato Takei becoming George, Yizhan Wang being also named Garrett), so Phillippa might not be a birth name, but a name used in place of that name or adopted later for whatever reason.

19. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

Or maybe books don't count or the mirror universe has just gotten stupid at this stage

20. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Mirror universe was stupid before Discovery; long before.

JoeP, Turtletrekker and BillJ like this.