Metal Gear Solid 5?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cky, May 28, 2009.

1. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

For the ones that don't know already, Kojima productions, the creators of the Metal Gear franchise have released a teaser on their website (which I'm told, was originally a secret for people to find). The teaser which can be found (http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html) < there, shows a field during bad weather with a countdown in the middle of the screen. Everytime a bolt of lightening comes down, a flash of something can be seen, which so far has been shown "E3", "PRE" and the number 5.

A few days ago, the countdown once again ran down, and now if you wait long enough there is a flash of non other than Big Boss! Personally, I think this new MGS game will be either a prequel to the events in the "Metal Gear" game (NOT Metal Gear Solid) or even a remake of the original game, which would be AWEEESOME.

The Fujitsu magazine had another picture from the countdown page in a new article they just released, and it showed a picture that is obviously Raiden (which, thunder and lightening is the true nature of the name "Raiden"). It's the Raiden from MGS4, but as it's in japanese I can't read it, but the picture DOES have the countdown in the middle, so it's quite possible when this countdown runs down, it'll be the picture of Raiden.

:O!

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  2. johnsonalmighty

johnsonalmighty Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

yeah I know what your talkin about, but that teaser site keeps leading into another teaser site it's really lame and annoying

3. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

What other teaser site? I only see MGS.

4. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

ohpleaseohpleaseohplease let it be so ...

and I'd imagine that, yes, it is ... we'll probably get a "logo" teaser during E3 :D .. wouldn't surprise me at all if it's a prequel or a remake of MGS.

5. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it's much more likely to be the MGS4 super special pay full price again a year later edition similar to what MGS2 and 3 got.

6. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

I don't think so Kaijufan, because of the picture of Big Boss that has been released. He looks old, but no older than he was in MGS4, not to mention the fact he was being kept alive by life support throughout MGS1 - MGS4.

But the picture of Raiden that came up in Fujitsu magazine, that looked like it came from the same website suggests that it is post MSG2, so maybe it interlinks events between MGS2 and 4. (Which, I don't like the idea of because most of the events were covered in that, and MGS games cover the backstory of the previous game, so it would be pointless - ofcourse I'm also making a point that the picture of Big Boss is actually Solid Snake).

Either that, or the picture of Raiden is just to confuse people, which Kojima has done a lot before, but these teasers I thought seem very focused on Raiden anyway, as his name means thunder (or lightening, I can't remember).

I am holding some hope that it's not Raiden, but it's actually Null (the cyborg ninja from the first game) in some sort of test for the ninja suit pre - Metal Gear 1 (again, NOT Solid). And of course, Big Boss would actually be Big Boss from MG1/2 and not some trick.

7. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

MSG4-360! ;)

Oh well, I guess when Kojima said he was done with Metal Gear, he meant only for 2008.

8. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

It won't be MGS-4 360, Kojima has pratically announced this publically already, there wouldn't be a point going through all these teasers for something people already know is going to be released. Plus, why bother putting Big Boss on it? It's the wrong eye for Snake.

Also firehawk12, Kojima has said he is "done" with Metal Gear after every game except for 3. (The main series I mean, so Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 4, so no less than 5 times!!) :).

9. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

I highly doubt it's just a re-release of MGS4 in a new special edition form. They wouldn't have such an elaborate teaser website for something so mundane, and (2) MGS4 was JUST announced as a $30 "Greatest Hits" title

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/28/mgs4-ratchet-others-30-as-ps3-greatest-hits-starting-june-1/

... so they wouldn't announce a half-price version and then immediately announce a more expensive special edition version of a year old game - that would be lame.

And Kojima saying he's "done" with Metal Gear means nothing - how many times has he said that before? ;)

10. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

As I noted above, 5 times :). (Unless he HAS said he won't be involved after MGS3, then it's all six times).

11. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember reading an article that said the alleged face of Big Boss appeared on the teaser site during one of the lightning flashes; maybe's a direct sequel to 3, not 4.

12. CommodoreKong

According to Gamefaqs the Greatest Hits version of MGS2 was released in November 2002 and MGS2 Substance was released in March of 2003.

They don't have the release date for the Greatest Hits version of MGS3 other then just 2005, though they list the release of MGS3: Subsistence as March of 06. Maybe someone can remember when the GH version of MGS3 came out? I believe to qualify for Greatest Hits the game had to be on the market for at least 9 months, so a November time frame like MGS2 GH makes sense.

13. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, we'll just have to wait for E3 to happen since that's what they're building toward anyway.

As for a "Sub-whatever" edition... what could they add? Maybe if they let you play the game with the Japanese audio or threw in the new MGO add-on packs (for all 10 people still playing it, har har)... but even then? It seems like they did a decent job with the limited edition.

14. CommodoreKong

I have no idea what would be in it, I don't even like the Metal Gear Solid games. I'm just guessing based on the history of the franchise.

15. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

Portable Ops was a direct sequel to 3, fishing out the origins of FOXHOUND, and how Boss got the funds for Outer Haven. Plus the picture of Raiden makes me think it won't be another sequel to 3.

They won't release a Substance game on MGS4, there just isn't a point. The whole reason they did that was because people were crying out for more MGS, they thought to do another quick game to release the content they couldn't release in the original games. MGS4 had everything they wanted to release within the game. Plus why put a picture of a younger Big Boss on the teasers? He is dead within the chronology of MGS, so they have no reason other than another (albeit pointless) sequel to 3, or a remake of the original 2 games, which people have been wanting since the release of Metal Gear Solid.

If they do, I hope they don't fucking put the games on the PSP...

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'd be cool with a game featuring Raiden. Maybe it's just because MGS2 is what got me into the series, but I never had a problem with him.

17. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

It now reveals a mask...
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/28/kojima-countdown-site-reveals-mask/

[​IMG]

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mask/

18. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

Love it man! I don't think it's Metal Gear though.

It's all changed again, these are the letters I managed to pull out, they were in a different order than before which was slightly weird.

R C R E 5 (or s) 3 e P O 5 (or s again) 6

Also, there's now a picture of Raiden, although this time he has a rag over his left eye, mirroring Big Boss.

Edit: Here's the picture:

[​IMG]

19. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

Am I the only one tiring of this shit? Get back to me when you have something to announce, not before.

20. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

I would say anything about MGS5 would be a major announcement, lol.