Mental Wellness Support Group

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Twilight Phoenix, Jul 5, 2018.

1. think

think About it! Premium Member

relax.jpg

I need this reminder every 5 minutes because in 5 minutes I am tense in the shoulders again 0000 something about hyper-vigilance that is going on 000 All the time

2. Worf factor9

Worf factor9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. think

4. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

I've been having such a problem with this lately. They just end up tense again minutes lately and I only know because I have to check to see if they're tense! It's annoying how my anxiety keeps learning new physical manifestations.

5. think

I know what you mean I finally got a night guard for my night time grinding my teeth a little too late but I have it now I had always said to the dentist for years I can stop grinding my teeth via self-hypnoses but that really never worked to well.. My teeth are falling apart and I am still grinding day and night.. It seems a common problem for people who were raised in a dysfunctional family like I was.. Never knowing when or why the next beatings were coming...

6. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't been on in a while and I must say, Im so glad there's a thread for this now.

The struggles is real and it's nice having support somewhere

Worf factor9, think and Gary Mitchell like this.
  7. think

8. think

9. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

Latest one: facial tension. I'd been getting weird tingling feelings and headaches for weeks. Was put on antibiotics three times because the doctor thought it was a sinus infection (and maybe it was at first?) Finally got an appointment to actually see a doctor, who looked it me for thirty seconds and said it's down to muscle tension in my face. He gave me a stronger painkiller so the headaches are mostly gone, but my face still feel like it's tingling all the time. I'm really sick of my body coming up with new ideas to torture me.

10. Obsidian7

Obsidian7 Commander Red Shirt

I've been making plans to move up north. Being closer to the ocean and within a smaller community will help with my anxiety and ptsd.

There's renovation work planned in my neighbourhood next summer. I really don't want to be surrounded by loud noise/early morning disruption. Basically, anything that'll trigger my anxiety or ptsd. The prospect of being shuffled off to temporary accommodation isn't appealing either. (Being further away from family support.)

I don't want to deal with the same people who lied about and protected my antisocial neighbours over a three year period. Coming back to 'help' the neighbourhood on purely cosmetic grounds now, when they did nothing to stop the deeper problems back then, is a slap in the face.

I've been following the treatment of local residents by housing developers over the last few months. I don't want to be anywhere near that kind of nonsense. Hopefully I'll get the last laugh before that happens.

Luckily, I've filled out two applications to increase my chances of relocation. I've been accepted to a place that's mostly for older people but they've housed younger people with general needs. Right now, it's a waiting game. Best case scenario is that I get a place of my own with additional support.

Gryffindorian and Gary Mitchell like this.
  11. think

12. Rhodo

Rhodo Ensign Red Shirt

Inattentive ADHDer here, I struggle daily with doing things that future!me will appreciate, rather than what I feel like doing at any given moment. Have a lot of trouble with brain wandering, daydreaming, and working on projects that do not feel urgent or immediate.

Glad this thread is here.

think likes this.
  13. think

Welcome @Rhodo Glad you are here...

ADHD is a difficult thing... sometimes various stimulants can help focus the ADHD but yeah they are stress for the body.. even the caffeine can stress the physical body --- hand in there it can get better. --

14. Rhodo

Rhodo Ensign Red Shirt

Thanks for the warm welcome. I tried a stimulant med years ago, but it slowed me way down and made me feel like I couldn't get out of bed. I stopped taking that, and have done my best to manage myself through regular routine, eating and sleeping at set times, etc. It's a wild ride but it's my wild ride. Still figuring things out.

Thanks again.

think likes this.
  15. think

Stimulants are the only thing offered right now for ADHD--- my gf using caffeine for that --- she doesn't want the other stimulants because they are too addictive --

happiness triggers.jpg unnamed.jpg

16. think

hell.jpg

hell sometimes seems real almost --

17. think

18. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Hi all! So lovely to see this thread/group. I've been dealing with depression since I was about 13 and went on anti-depressants a long time ago (15-20 years?), which helped a ton, especially in helping me not want to kill myself anymore. I've still had "episodes", but not like before, UNTIL... (duhnduhnduhn) Menopause! My depression turned waaaaay up, and I seem to have added anxiety as well, and I'm thinking I may have ADHD too. Yay.

So, I finally started therapy. I wish I'd done this 15-20 years ago, but I guess I wasn't ready. I was raised with a real bad cultural and family attitude towards it. But, for once, I decided I needed to put myself and my (mental) health first.

Love to all! :luvlove:

19. Worf factor9

Worf factor9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:techman:& :luvlove: be well.

think and Commander Troi like this.
  20. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Estrogen is really tied to a lot of reactions and moods within the body. I know it's a rough road, and it sucks because depression and anxiety are good roommates and like to hang out together. So, it isn't unusual for one to come along with the other for a time.

Glad you got in to therapy and wish you all the best.

think and Commander Troi like this.