Mental Wellness Support Group

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Twilight Phoenix, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can you change to a different therapist?

Butters likes this.
  2. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

I waited six months for a referral to Dr Doom, but I couldn't talk to him any more
    I just flipped

Butters likes this.
  3. Nakita Akita

Nakita Akita Commodore Commodore

It's sound horrible and that he is being counter productive to to your treatment/therapy. Is there any way you could tell him how he is making you feel?

KimMH, think and Butters like this.
  4. Delta Vega

I'm not sure, to be honest
    I just felt that I'd gone as far as I could, I know his apparent stand offishness may be his style, but there's only so much you can say to someone without reply.

KimMH and Nakita Akita like this.
  5. Nakita Akita

Well, in my opinion, he sounds like a dangling male appendage.
    Any person trained in therapy should be able to empathize with your discomfort with the session and should cease making you feel that way. I'm not in any way sure what your therapy involves, but unless some aspect of it is making you get upset and tell people off, then I'm back at the 'appendage' assumption again.
    He's getting paid, probably very well, to help you, make him earn the money.

It sounds to me like he's sitting there ruminating his grocery list or Twitter page.

KimMH likes this.
  6. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

You deserve competent medical care and even though it may involve another wait you should try again for another. Not every practitioner works well with every patient and you deserve to be treated and competently. I’m sorry this is happening; I am sure it makes everything seem worse.

7. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Several recent incidents ranging from nightmares of death and dying to anxiety attacks, as well as the work problems I discussed elsewhere, have convinced me that it’s time to go back into therapy, so today I called my state employee assistance program for help setting that up.

in retrospect, my depression has been slowly increasing for at least the last several months (wife says longer), but it’s crept up on me so I wasn’t aware of it as I should have been. My sleeping has gone fully erratic, my good habits are slipping, and things that used to make me happy now barely elicit a “meh.”. The family losses of the last few years and the multiple work moves haven’t helped.

tl;dr: shit’s fucked, yo.

KimMH likes this.
  8. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

Not sure what's going on with me lately, but this is not the time for me to fall back into a deep, long-lasting depression. :brickwall:

9. Sibyl

:(

My good habits are off the rails, as well. My mood is somewhere underground. :(

I'm sorry. :(

Doom Shepherd likes this.
  10. Delta Vega

As far as I'm concerned, he's not been listening, or interacting with me
    I go in, sit down, hardly an acknowledgement that I'm there, and he says nothing, he waits for me to speak about my woes, but sometimes it's not easy just to go all conversational when things are hard to come to terms with, and when the guy in the room with me isn't answering me.
    It's alright to call him a dick, because that's what I think he is as well.

Nakita Akita, KimMH and Sibyl like this.
  11. Delta Vega

It does, thanks for the words of support

KimMH and Sibyl like this.
  12. Sibyl

One of the stereotypical, "So, how does that make you feel?" people but without speaking? :(

think, Nakita Akita and KimMH like this.
  13. Delta Vega

Without so much as a "How are you today?"
    Without any sort of empathy towards his patient.

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I took a walk to the Tacoma narrows bridge today with the intention of jumping. Washington State patrol saved my life.

15. Nakita Akita

Oh my lord! For real? That's terrible.
    I hope you are getting some serious attention and help.

KimMH likes this.
  16. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I'm really sorry to hear that things have been bad enough to bring you to that, but I am glad that the State Patrol was there, and that you are still with us.

I would encourage you, or any other U.S.-based members who are feeling this way, to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. They are available to talk 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are there to provide free and confidential support. If you are uncomfortable talking on the phone, they also have an online chat option available on their website.

Obviously I don't know your specific background, but this time of year can be especially difficult for many people. I hope you are able to find the support you need, whether through family, friends, clergy, or professional counselors.

Please take care of yourself, and best wishes.

KimMH, Gary Mitchell and think like this.
  17. Delta Vega

Jesus, I hope you get through this
    Makes my ills seem like small fare

KimMH and think like this.
  18. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

I had a friend jump off the rt 9 bridge into the Raritan here in NJ when his parents would not let him stay with them .. his friends - including me, would not allow him to stay with them.. -- he stayed with me just before that but I could not put people up unless they signed section 8 and paid rent he spent his money on alcohol as soon as he got it.. == so I had to throw him out. = he was afraid of going to the state psych where I met him.. == so he jumped and died. it was hard for us left behind to deal with the loss.. we all blamed ourselves, but yeah..that could of been me like 7 years earlier = it was bad.. I still miss him, that was like 1995 when he did that. I am still sad to this day. =

KimMH likes this.
  19. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

(((Hugs))) I’m sorry for your loss. I’m glad you’re doing better.

has anyone heard from TT since they posted this?

think likes this.
  20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I slept all day. I feel better. I talked with crisis control. they said as long as I didn't feel I was in any immediate dangerous hurting myself that they didn't need to send a team out but they gave me a number to call if things get worse.