Meet William Shatner!

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Zulamay, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zulamay

Zulamay Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

William Shatner, Captain Kirk on Star Trek the Original Series and the Animated Series, and TJ Hooker, and Denny Crane in Boston Legal is having a fan club event where you can meet him. He has had these events for years in Los Angeles; but this year, he is having two events. One will be in March in Amsterdam and the other will be in May in Los Angeles. You can buy tickets to either at his new store: ShatnerStore dot com Look under the Fan Club Offerings section. :biggrin::cool::luvlove: Which one will you attend? :bolian:

Spock's Barber and Armus like this.
  2. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

I cannot. I've already paid 20 bucks to be in the same room with him and fell asleep doing it.

3. Zulamay

Awww. That’s too bad.

4. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Everyone who met him on the Star Trek set tour in Ticonderoga said they had a great time.

5. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

I would give my right hand just to meet Mr. Shatner. Well, maybe just my pinky finger. I wouldn’t expect him to be perfect in person...he’s in his eighties after all. I’m many years younger than he is and I’m moody, cantankerous and downright rude...and that’s on my good days.

BK613, Zulamay and Phaser Two like this.
  6. Armus

Armus Commodore Commodore

I would love to have an in-depth "Raw Nerve" conversation with Mr. Shatner.

"So tell me again why you think I'm the best Captain of all?"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Methuselah Flint and Zulamay like this.
  7. Zulamay

When you pay for an autograph of something you have brought, depending on how many things you are paying for, he will sit, while signing, and you can have a chat with him. All money from autographs goes to his bona fide charity. All money you pay for the cost of the event goes straight to his charity. His charity supports disabled children and veterans programs. I have been to the event in 2018. It was amazing to sit ten feet away from Mr. Shatner while he talked and realize who he is and where I was at the time. Each autograph at this event costs less than you would pay at a convention.

Spock's Barber, MrPicard and Armus like this.
  8. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

It's a good thing the money will go to charity, but I still think it's way to expensive. And I already have a picture/autograph.

However, I'm considering going to the screening of TWOK in Amsterdam that same evening. I would love to see that movie in a cinema and I expect it to be a fun gathering of Trekkies. And it will be great to hear Mr. Shatner share stories about the movie. He was very entertaining when I saw him at DSTL in 2012.

Spock's Barber, Zulamay and Armus like this.
  9. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm seeing Shatner on the TWOK tour too. "Sounds like fun." :techman:

http://williamshatnertour.com

Zulamay likes this.
  10. Zulamay

I have seen TWOK screening, last January. Mr. Shatner was animated, funny and full of interesting things to say. I enjoyed it. I took my college age daughter to see it with me. :techman::biggrin:

11. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

More like amazing.

Zulamay likes this.
  12. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A friend of mine whom I met on another forum is a flight attendant and she posted some pics the other day of William Shatner who came onto her plane! She said he was very pleasant and she gave him regular coffee refills and eventually he allowed her to take a few snaps of him with her in the galley! You could tell how very thrilled she was!:techman:
    JB

13. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Everyone has a different experience with Mr. Shatner. He's either dismissive and self absorbed or he's outgoing and full of fun. That kinda makes him human. I met Herb Jefferson once (Boomer from the original BSG) who was always regarded as one of the nicest guys in Hollywood. He was cold when we met. Everyone has days. Who knows what's bugging someone at the moment.

Most often, you're meeting the persona, not the person.

14. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

I’ve seen many celebrities who were just out and about LA. I would point them out to my friends or family, but that’s about the extent of it. I wouldn’t want to bother them by making a scene in public. This comes about from the time I met an NFL Hall of Famer. I tried to make small talk with him, but he just snarled at me. I honestly thought he was going to body slam me. :eek:

Zulamay and Ssosmcin like this.
  15. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember seeing Herb Jefferson at a convention once here in the UK and no one, I mean no one came over to him! He was sitting there for a long time before he just disappeared! :crazy:
    JB

Zulamay likes this.
  16. Zulamay

When you attend the European event , you get a one on one picture with Mr. Shatner and a group picture with Mr. Shatner included. I believe he autographs your one on one, too. Would you pay 300 to attend? He is asking now. You get the same thing in the US event. Maybe I can get Mr. Shatner to visit this site, if there is enough interest in the European fan club event. He is wanting to actively promote this event.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  17. Zulamay

Mr. Shatner is coming here for your opinion on the price of the European fan club event!!!

Ssosmcin and Methuselah Flint like this.
  18. Zulamay

If anyone is on the fence about the European fan club event and meeting Mr. Shatner, he has lowered the price to $300, or about 275 Euros! Just to make it easier for you to attend. I hope you can reconsider if you felt it was too expensive to make it before. The event happens in March, 2020. :bolian:

19. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but this thread is really turning into a free advertisement rather than a discussion.

Posters now know about the event, and can decide if they want to go.

Zulamay likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.