McDonalds food. Why the hell is it getting expensive?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by urrutiap, Nov 16, 2021.

1. urrutiap

urrutiap Captain Captain

Someone wanna explain as to why the heck McDonalds food is getting expensive?

10 or 11 bucks for a frikkin value meal

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

3. urrutiap

urrutiap Captain Captain

just last week most of the mcdonalds value meals were at 8-9 bucks.

Now all of a sudden theyre up to 10 to 11 bucks as of today. Even a big mac value meal is 11 bucks.

I think i need to go somewhere else cheaper like Arbys or Burger King or at least DQ

4. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why I cook at home..
    Going out gets expensive real fast.

ichab likes this.
  5. Ar-Pharazon

I get carry out 2 or 3 times a month, but it's more substantial stuff like Rosati's pizza or Hoagie Hut or Chinese.

6. Jedi Marso

Jedi Marso Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When you create a few trillion dollars out of thin air, inflation is what you get. When inflation happens, prices go up.
    When fast food workers demand an increase in the minimum wage, labor costs go up. Ergo, prices go up.
    When the supply chain is broken, supply is reduced, creating an increase in demand. When demand goes up, prices for raw materials go up. Ergo, prices for the consumer go up.

When all three of these things are happening at once, as they are now, the price increases happen so rapidly that you actually DO notice. Which is what is happening now, not just at fast food restaurants but every grocery store (and most other stores) as well.

If the U.S. government passes the current bill under consideration and prints another three trillion dollars out of thin air to fund it, that inflation curve will trend more vertical and you can expect your #1 at McD's to go up even more.

This will continue until people have had enough of the crazy and start voting accordingly. In a democratic society, you get the government you deserve.

ichab and fireproof78 like this.
  7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The price of cardboard has gone up, so their hamburgers got more expensive to make.

8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

They've been printing money consistently for years and usually had much less inflation. So try again to assign blame.

And if you're saying the only way to have cheap hamburgers is to force people to work horrible jobs for sub-subsistence wages, you're not making the argument you think you are. Perhaps that money to pay those "Lazy, entitled" workers can be diverted from the CEOs' absurd salaries?

The supply chain has been operating efficiently near capacity for a very long time, and COVID disrupted it enough to move the needle. Grandstanding about liberal economic policies is ridiculous. Gold doesn't have some magically stable value to tie money to either and republicans have no intention of returning to the gold standard as long as that money created out of nowhere is funneled properly to their big donors. For the last several decades they've been the big spending party while still cutting taxes and worker benefits, so you should reconsider which party you think is responsible for "The crazy".

9. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    The Economist magazine created the Big Mac Index in 1986 to compare country-by-country consumer purchasing power.

For 2018, the cost of a Big Mac in the US was $5.30 USD and ranked 5th. The most expensive was $6.80 USD in Switzerland and the cheapest was $1.60 USD in Ukraine. Britain ranked 21st at $4.40 USD. Japan ranked 36th at $3.40 USD.

The concept of just-in-time inventories that everyone seems to be wanting to move to, only is feasible if everything works accordingly. Any prolonged disruptions throw the entire system into chaos. This has been a perfect mother of all storms with the pandemic first idling production and distribution, then massive changes in consumption patterns, followed by dramatic shifts toward usual consumptions, added by worker rebellion at static wages while the e-suite are paid at record levels.

These are not caused by liberal economic policies but by the businesses wringing every cent of profit for executives and shareholders. The US has been slowly eliminating the middle class for decades by the elimination of manufacturing in this country and moving it overseas.

[​IMG]
    Note there is no budget category for food or gas. This was from 2013.

10. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd like to know what McDonald's employee paid $20/month for health insurance.

11. Jedi Marso

Jedi Marso Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

You can ignore reality all you want. Unfortunately, reality isn't ignoring you. Take a look at your monthly expenses and go on spouting. Don't make no nevermind to me. :nyah:

12. galleywest

galleywest Lovable Flake Premium Member

I don't find Arby's to be cheap! If you get one of the "nicer" sammies it's pretty pricey.

13. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Double cheeseburger & fries is $3. That's the only thing I ever get there.
    Wendy's has the $5 Biggie bag.
    Taco Bell has $5 boxes.

Those are about the only fast food items I ever get because they're just a cheap as cooking a meal..

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you use the McDonald's app? You can use it to check out the prices in your surrounding area. With how they're franchised out, different McDonald's have different prices. For example, if I go one direction, that McDonald's sells the quarter pounder for $5.79 and the big mac for $5.59. But if I go another direction, that McDonald's sells them for $4.99 each.

15. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I see a lot of talk there, but nothing that actually refutes anything he's saying. Since you've allegedly got "reality" on your side and he's so in denial, it should be quite easy for you to use your big boy words to tell him exactly what he got wrong, in detail, with evidence to back up your claims.

16. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to wonder how people are selected to be moderators here. It can't be because of their fully hectic people skills.

ichab likes this.
  17. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

Inflation bro

18. Ar-Pharazon

I got one 63¢ egg McMuffin and one regular priced $3.90 one the other day. They're still pretty good little sammiches.

The weird part is, the sausage McMuffin is $2 cheaper than the sausage & egg McMuffin. You're telling me the egg is worth $2?

19. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I'd say Five Guys is ridiculous. Their prices seem to have doubled in the past ten years.

publiusr and galleywest like this.
  20. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Gold is just as fake in terms of monetary value as the fake money we print to support the economy. It's just shiny, and we like shiny things. All of it's built on the notion of "this has inherent value" and none of it, in terms of an actual currency, has inherent value beyond what people are willing to give for it. All of this is fake, and none of it is real. Quit thinking the imaginary numbers running through computer systems actually affect things outside of human brains.

You'd be smarter to invest in tomatoes.