May Art Challenge - "Speed Trek!"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Tiberius Jim, May 6, 2008.

1. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*Flux Capacitor would like to apologize in advance for any racing-related puns and analogies used in this post. Thank you.

In honor of the new Speed Racer film in theaters May 9th and my love of racing, this month's challenge will put you in the driver's seat and pit you against your fellow artists.

The idea is simple. In some artistic form, merge Star Trek and racing. We already enjoyed/endured a Voyager episode all about racing, so we know that the spirit is still alive reaching into the 24th Century. Any medium is fine, any era of Trek and any form of racing is up for interpretation. As long as there is speed, competition and Star Trek, you'll be on track and on your way to a checkered flag finish.

Gentlemen (and ladies) start your warp engines!

2. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Heh. Sounds quite similar to the May 2006 one ("SPEED!"), which I started and you won! This one is a bit more specific, though. But hey, I'd love another shot at a racing-themed challenge! First one around Saturn and back wins, okay? :D

3. Tiberius Jim

You know, right after I posted this I found the whole idea very familiar. I totally forgot there was a similar concept this month in '06...and also forgot I won. I can't even remember what my entry was, even.

I must be getting old. ;)

4. B.J.

Sadly, it's one of the few challenges Ptrope doesn't have the entries for in this post.

5. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

And, wow, do I need to go back and reformat that baby! :wtf:

Unfortunately, that is one of the months I seem to have no archives for, so I can't link back to it. If anyone else has those entries, feel free to PM or e-mail me, and maybe we can get it added to the list.

6. B.J.

It might be easier if you created a new stickied thread just for the past challenges. That way it would also be easier for us to find them.

7. Tiberius Jim

Ah hah, a quick browse through the ol' Photobucket and I found my May '06 entry.

8. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Well, it is in a sticky thread now; I'll see if there may be some way to make it more prominent - I think it makes sense being in the art contest suggestion thread, so people can see what has already been done (not that we never have challenges that are similar to previous ones ;) ).

BTW, many thanks to largo, who forwarded a whole collection of past entries to me to help build up the archive :bolian: .

10. tuvw734

tuvw734 Guest

Spam deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008
  11. Tiberius Jim

Well the turn out this month is a bit lower than I expected but then again I didnt have time to enter my own contest! Anyway, make sure you guys have your final entries sent to ptrope by midnight local time on the 31st.