Poll Majell Barrett-Roddenberry as the computer voice moving forward?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by valkyrie013, Jan 17, 2023.

?

Would you like Majel as the Voice going forward?

1. Yes, she is the voice.

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. No, Time to move on.

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Certain Circumstances ?

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

Also the USS Excelsior in Star Trek III, which I think was actually Leonard Nimoy's voice.

NCC-73515 likes this.
  2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

It would be nice if they could make it work. I remember there was talk of it during the JJ films. If they can't do it then I'd love for Marina Sirtis to take the role.

3. DarthTimon

DarthTimon Commander Red Shirt

Whilst it would be a nice tribute, there would come a time where to me, it would feel like the passing of the torch would need to happen.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And again, I would have NO problem with Romjin doing the voice (although I kinda miss Jennette Goldstein). I am NOT down with digitally re-creating Majel's voice. Yes, we all miss Majel, but...recasting isn't a problem with most roles, why is this one such a big deal?

JRob94 likes this.
  5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Recasting for Star Trek is a weird world. On the one hand, yeah it's totally normal and has happened in several Trek productions. On the other hand, there is this tome of the sacred around certain performances and that allows little wiggle room. Which, I just don't buy in to. To me, it goes back to my biggest struggle with Trek and the future: it's a show about the future that has hooked itself completely to the past.

JRob94 likes this.