Mac Mini Freaked - LARGE FONTS

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by John Picard, Feb 15, 2010.

1. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Earlier today, my Mac Mini did *something*. I'm not certain what, but now my monitor seems to be configured for someone who is legally blind. The fonts are huge, the programs are all huge, and I can't figure out how to get to whatever it is that controls the display settings.

Help is appreciated.

2. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Does it appear that everything is enlarge (super-low resolution), or is the text just large compared to everything else?

3. farmkid

farmkid Commodore Commodore

Maybe it just developed a complex about everyone calling it a Mac "Mini" and wanted to prove to the world it could be big too. :)

4. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Hold down Command, and scroll your mouse wheel up or down.

5. John Picard

Everything went larger -- the mouse, the desktop icons (they were crowding each other), the dashboard items are all much larger. I checked the monitor to see if there were any settings there that were affected (acer AL2016W) but didn't see anything.

Like I stated, it's as if all of the system display settings were readjusted for someone who is legally blind.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Go to System Preferences: Universal Access. See what it says there.

7. John Picard

Not certain what happened, but I just returned from class, and it's all back to normal.

A few months back, while exploring the machine, I somehow delete what I believe was a very important system icon. I'm waiting to get a copy of Snow Leopard to upgrade my system and hope that whatever is missing gets restored.

8. John Picard

In case anyone cares, I figured out the issue. The adapter for my monitor does not secure tightly to the port in the Mac. I unplugged and securely plugged it in and voila -- normal picture!

9. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Boy, don't you feel like a schmuck when you've tried every fix you can think of to correct a computer glitch, and it turns out to be a simple mechanical problem -- like a loose plug?

I know I do! :lol:

10. Amaris

Amaris Guest

^ That goes double for me. :lol:

11. John Picard

Meh, no biggie. I honestly have not planted my ass to learn all about the machine, which is a damned shame.

Maybe I'll just chalk it up to excess drinking :shifty:;)

12. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I usually blame the cat. :lol:

13. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I blame my friend the ghost.