Lost Star Trek stories

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by VESATI, Apr 5, 2021.

1. VESATI

VESATI Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

A bit of context: I was introduced to TNG novels in the early 90s, and subsequently collected and read every TNG novel I could find until around the time the Destiny trilogy (when I started buying the digital editions instead).

Around the mid to late 90s, at the end of a TNG novel I was reading at the time (though I don't recall which one), there was an excerpt of a "forthcoming" new Star Trek novel series that was going to take place during the Earth/Romulan war.

What details I still recall were of a soldier in a pre-Federation ship on his way to the front lines, and notes about how limited sensor ability was at warp.

This was prior to Star Trek Enterprise, and to my recollection, I never did see these books ever actually published.

I've never been able to find any archived information on it, and all searching brings of ENT stories instead.

Does anyone else have any memory of that series-that-never-was?

2. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Was it one of the installments of Starfleet: Year One? It was a novel in twelve parts, serialized across a year's worth of Star Trek novels. I think it opened in the closing stages of the Romulan war. It was later printed as a complete story in a single volume with a disclaimer about Enterprise.

3. VESATI

VESATI Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

That title certainly sounds familiar, though the synopsis on Amazon doesn't quite sound like it.

I'll download it now and check it out.

Thank you, in any case.

Stevil2001 likes this.