Lost - Single Unified Theory explaining everything.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by stueyross, Sep 3, 2010.

1. stueyross

stueyross Captain Captain

Some of you may know I'm a bit of a Lost fan. I dont think I've ever posted in this subforum though, but spend a fair bit of time lurking. Such an amazing show, that wasnt perfect but really rewarding if you kept following it.

Many people were disappointed with the way Lost ended, and even those who liked the ending still had lots of unanswered questions after the finale. Well, prepare to get some answers, because a diligent fan who goes by the name of "That John Locke" just found a way to take all the theories about Lost floating around the Internet and turn them into one unifying explanation that actually seems to make more sense than the show itself did.

Please be wary that this is no short 30 second read. His piece is Thesis length and pretty much covers everything, it's well worth reading if you have time.

Here you go: http://www.timelooptheory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5295

2. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

Yesterday I didn't have the chance to read it all the way through, but what I read was pretty damn good. Makes sense and makes me remember why I love Lost. Nothing is spoon-fed to you and you can make up your own mind about some things. That's cool.

3. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

I'm going to have to hit that link later, but I'm looking forward to reading it.

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

He has some interesting theories but he stretches well into pure conjecture about halfway through while missing some obvious errors (like how can The Man in Black kill The Woman if she was The Smoke Monster if it can't be killed as he argues). I really like his theory that The Light is memories and that idea relates to the flashbacks and flashforwards but the rest doesn't really work for me.

5. stueyross

stueyross Captain Captain

Actually he does cover that. Hadnt the woman given her powers and the responsibility for the protection of the island to Jacob by that point, thereby making herself mortal?

6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Hm, okay. I wouldn't be surprised if I missed that. I was skimming at that point because he was losing my interest.