Looking for old TNG comics

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by NCC-73515, Jan 15, 2020.

1. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've had 7 or so issues of an 80s/90s TNG comic series, and would like to finally continue reading them.

What I remember is:

Some colonists are beamed up for a health check, a woman who Geordi was involved with before seduces him, the twist is they're absorbing other lifeforms to stay healthy and they're trying to absorb Geordi. The crew stops them just before Geordi dies.

Some green aliens abduct Data and their leader transfers himself into Data. A kid who became friends with Data earlier enters the bridge against orders to plead with him to come back. He reaches Data who overcomes the other personality and returns to the ship.

Some Ferengi capture Beverly and ask for the Enterprise engine plans in return for her freedom. Picard doesn't know what to do and tries to find a solution. Wes finally has an idea. Picard offers the engine plans, Beverly returns. Then the Ferengi hails again and is furious: What they sent him was the engine plans for the 1701, no A/B/C/D. Picard says he should have voiced his wishes more precisely.

One of Picard's old friends, now Captain of the Hood (I think?) doesn't remember old stories and seems strange. Picard is arrested for the destruction of other Starfleet ships. While awaiting his trial, it turns out there is another Enterprise that's behind these attacks...

And that's where my issues ended. I'd like to finally find out how they continue - does anyone know these? Costumes and Riker's beard suggest S2.

2. Desert Kris

Desert Kris Captain Captain

They are usually considered/labelled as DC TNG Volume 2. A couple years ago I was able to google collected sets of the whole thing in 2 parts on ebay. But I got lucky and found them at a local comic shop. Good luck, hope you find them ok! :)

NCC-73515 likes this.
  3. NCC-73515

Ah, so I had issues 5-10 of that! Thanks!

Desert Kris likes this.
  4. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

F. King Daniel and NCC-73515 like this.
  5. NCC-73515

I remember the announcements back then! Is the scan quality good? Is it easy to navigate?

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I copied them all to a tablet and read them on that. They're PDF files, and you navigate by publisher and then series. The quality is decent. I've never had any trouble reading the text or letters pages.

NCC-73515 likes this.
  7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I've been reading comics off the DVD off and on since for a while now and I've never had any problems with the picture quality.

NCC-73515 likes this.
  8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I’m not a fan of reading comics on a tablet. I have the Comic DVD, find it more irritating than anything.

Paris likes this.
  9. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

NCC-73515 likes this.
  10. Desert Kris

Desert Kris Captain Captain

I also recommend the CD Rom collection, it is terrific and there are so many comics available on it. I ended up getting some of the DC series that I like so much from reading off the CD, but want to have physical copies of. But the CD is a great cost-saving start point.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've done the vast, vast majority of my comics reading as digital comics, so now it always feels weird to me when I read a physical comic.

12. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I bought the whole collection of ebay years ago. Still haven’t got round to them. Still going through the novels.

13. Therin of Andor

From memory, the only issues missing (at date of its publication) were the two "X-Men" crossovers (TOS and TNG) and the alternate-text Klingon-language issue of "Starfleet Academy".

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That is, the only pre-IDW issues missing.

15. Therin of Andor

Yep. Up to the date of publication of the CD-ROM.

16. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The physical comics are very cheap on ebay, I'd go that route.

17. NCC-73515

Just got the CCBC yesterday and finally read what happens after the cliffhanger (30 years later!) :D

Leto_II and Avro Arrow like this.