Spoilers Loki season one discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Nth Doctor, Jun 5, 2021.

1. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Kang will be Loki when unmasked…

So, we are headed for FALL OUT from THE PRISONER

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    Noname Given likes this.
  2. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

So... Loki is Number Six and Number One in this scenario... Got it. (Now all we need is a locked train car with iron bars.);)

Starkers likes this.
  3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Then bones them bones them dryyyyy bones...

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Something that nagged at me during the end of the finale, which I forgot to bring up here because we were all understandably focused on everything He Who Remains said and whether or not the show made the right choice to introduce Kang as the villain instead of the other ideas discussed here for weeks, suddenly sprung back into my mind when I rewatched the finale this afternoon. I noticed during the main closing credits that Eugene Cordero (Casey, the TVA receptionist/analyst Loki sought to reclaim the Tesseract from) which I thought was weird the first time around since I didn't see him during the episode itself.

However, this time I watched through to the full cast credits and noticed something: He's not credited as Casey but instead as Hunter K-5E! The only place he could've appeared was that group of hunters Loki ran by in one of the lobbies and a hunter (whose face you don't really see clearly) said something about heading down to the armory. The close captioning just said "Man" but it did sound like Cordero.

I bring this up because I, and a few others in this thread, had argued that Mobius' and B-15's memories were simply altered as a result of Sylvie's murder of He Who Remains, contrary what others have suggested that perhaps Loki was sent to an alternate TVA (one of many now). However, I would continue argue that the TVA is still a single realm outside of the existence of the timelines and that Casey/K-5E's different role is a result of a more militarized version of the TVA, now because Kang openly runs it to maintain power.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  5. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

It has been noticed elsewhere that the "What's a fish???" guy is now a hunter in the final scenes.
    It could be that they are showing how different the TVA is now.
    Another possibility is that since all the staff are variants there could be multiples of the same guy in different jobs- this would indicate that the staff know their true nature also since the multiples would meet while working.
    Between the two I think it was just a way of showing us that the AltTVA is a different version and who knows what else has changed...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  6. The Nth Doctor

Oh, that's an interesting idea. That would allow the "only one TVA" scenario and that would mean the Mobius and B-15 that Loki runs until just aren't the Mobius and B-15 he knows. Would also explain why he found them in some random library wing (of course, the real-world explanation is to position Loki to see the Kang statue).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  7. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I've been kind of suspecting that there are multiple variations on the TVA on top of each other, just because it's so weird cinematically to go from Moebius and B-15 talking in the bullpen to them having a totally different reaction to the same thing in the library, with both scenes after Remains was killed. It feels like if the TVA was replaced with an alternate TVA, it should've happened simultaneously with Remains' death. But if there are variants of the TVA, either in parallel or sitting on top of each other, then that makes sense, since our Moebius and B-15 and the other Moebius and B-15 would be coexisting. And if they're superimposed, it also explains how Loki could've ended up in the "wrong" TVA despite being sent there before the multiverse went haywire.

So, I'm laying down a marker for a Moebius versus Moebius scene right at the beginning of the next episode (or in the flashback to what happened immediately after this episode, if there's a time skip so we can being the episode with everyone in wildly improbable situations).

8. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have to say, for a show about the god of mischief, there wasn't much mischief in this show.

Starkers and Saul like this.
  9. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or my preferred take: None of it is divergent at all.

They take place a year after the snap while they're dealing with like three alien invasions and a season of time travel...just because they didn't mention it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

10. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I don't disagree in general, but you would think that they would have mentioned it to Fitz when they filled him in on everything.

11. JirinPanthosa

I don't think it was divergent in season 1 and 2 when it was interacting with movies. But it could have easily become divergent the moment Enoch glimpsed a future where Earth was destroyed in another manner.

The act of viewing the future created the quantum reality where the self fulfilling prophecy happened.

In the prime timeline, they were all just found and arrested at the restaurant and then disbanded.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  12. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The fact that none of them were snapped, would indicate that the snap didn't happen. It's extraordinary unlikely that all of them would miss it.

13. JirinPanthosa

Thanos is referenced in season 5 in the negotiations with the Confederacy. If the snap happened it happened after that.

And not only the main cast would have had to survive but everyone with them.

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Apparently, there was a line cut out of the final episode that said since they were time traveling through the quantum realm when the snap happened, they were unaffected by it. That actually would have honestly complicated things a little more than they already are, but still would have been appreciated.

15. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

More or less unlikely than all of Peter Parker's social group?

16. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

We don't know how the snap worked. If it was random (which nothing truly is), it's entirely possible the entire group was spared.

I'm not a math expert, but I'm sure someone could calculate those odds.

Anyways there's a Making Of special for Loki on D+ today.

dupersuper and David cgc like this.
  17. The Nth Doctor

The Loki episode of Marvel Assembled is out and it's a great deal of fun to watch, made even more fun by the fact that Tom Hiddleston narrates the episode. As before, there's a mixture of interviews from the cast and crew (pretty much the entire main and guest cast except Eugene Cordero and Jaimie Alexander) and they bring in a lot of insights in the process of the developing the show and how bonkers everything was, like how Alligator Loki was one of Michael Waldron's saner ideas (or as he puts it, less stupid).

There's also a lot of behind-the-scenes footage which reveal a bunch of unused lines and takes throughout the whole series, most of which I wish had remained in the show. Although no sign of Throg, sadly.

Release the Pruned Cut!

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

An opposite example is Tony and his closest friends. Pepper, Rhodey and Happy were all unaffected by the snap. Peter, of course, being the exception.

dupersuper likes this.
  19. JirinPanthosa

I guess if everyone time and dimension traveling was immune the only ones that would have to luck out are Piper, the child and Flint.

The problem with that though is they left slightly after they returned.

If they were not protected from the snap, it’s not just the main cast who had to get lucky, but also four or five other people depending on whether it happened before or after. Remember they left with Deke and Enoch and brought back Cora and Sousa.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  20. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

With the introduction of Kang, who was supposedly controlling the entire timeline and shaping it in exactly the way he needed, any unlikely event can now be explained away.
    Timeline needed all of Peter Parker’s social circle to blip? Ok. Timeline needed Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D cast intact? Done.

Noname Given and dupersuper like this.