Lightsaber commission?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Rÿcher, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Rÿcher

Rÿcher Fleet Captain

Do you do or know someone who does custom lightsabers?

I have this design that I'd really like but I don't want to nor do I have the skill or patience enough let alone the equipment to craft it myself.

I've been to many a lightsaber customization forum but they all tell me to give it a whack myself.

So, if you know someone willing to do something or if you can do it, let me know.

2. Rabittooth

Rabittooth Commander Red Shirt

I was gonna suggest Ryan over at http://randomsabers.com/ , but it seems he's taking a break to catch up on back orders.
    I designed a saber and Jeff Parks at parksabers built mine from my photoshoped design and specs. He did two identical ones for me...one stunt version to hold a dowel and another EL bladed version with the electronics. Maybe try him: http://www.parksabers.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Rabittooth

3. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Thats a cool custom Rabbittooth, mostly Obi with a few touches from his other custom setups. OT Obi-Wan was always my favorite saber.

Back in my days on the RPF (replicapropforum.com) many years ago, I did a bunch of custom designs and lined up a guy to make them. Unfortunately this guy soon was banished for some previous questionable sales and so the run never went ahead, which was disappointing because I really wanted my free one from each of the runs. You can see my custom designs (from many years ago mind you) at www.geocities.com/narusol/lightsabers.html , all the ones with * in their names were the ones that were supposed to be made, though my personal favorite was probably the Gayle Malakahi, or Alton Kael ones (really disappointed I never got to hold that one, especially since the guy had already done up a 3d version of it that looked awesome.) The Boba Fett one is based off a comic that had Fett fighting Vader at some point using a lightsaber we can assume he picked up off a Jedi at some point.

4. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I don't have it right on me, but there is a company that makes one that is strong enough to battle with, as I recall. Will post it tomorrow.

5. Rabittooth

Rabittooth Commander Red Shirt

Thanks. Yeah...it's actually a version of the Return of the Jedi Poster emitter (it's got a vintage sci-fi style I dig), The Obi Wan Windvane and Grenade, and the Mara Jade Grips. It's simple, but it's got all my favorite elements in it.
    VERY Nice designs...I seem to remember them. When were you gonna do them on the RPF? Who was it that got banned you were going to have do them?

-Rabittooth

6. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Vader's and Obi's from the OT were always personal favorites. If I was going to design one for myself, it would be close to Vader's with a few personal touches.

7. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

The RotJ poster saber was basically the Obi stunt wasn't it? It has been a while since I looked closely into any of this stuff. I kind of got burned on a few projects and gave up the hobby for a while to focus on not being constantly broke.

It was EDC, he got banned (rightly, from everything I could tell) for basically being a flake and not fulfilling all his orders.

This was in 2002 or so? Randomsabers actually made a version of the Uroca design at the time, that would probably be the easiest way to know for sure other than checking the RPF archives but I'm honestly not sure how far back they go these days.