LGBTQ+ Characters

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Admiral Jean-Luc Picard, Oct 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Jean-Luc Picard

Admiral Jean-Luc Picard Commander Red Shirt

I don't know if I got the acronum right, but anyway. Some of my friends are gay or bi. I am a Christian, but we all get along despite differing worldviews. We've got the engineer and doctor in a homo-relationship, if that's the right wording. I remember reading news they will be joined by a bi and a non-binary character. What the hell is a non-binary? That is a serious question, what does that mean?

I encourage both positive and negative criticism of how this is handled on Discovery. Do you feel it's handled well? Does it feel forced? If you're religious, do you find it difficult to watch the show?

Let's focus on the positives. Everyone goes to space, including gay people. I like that Star Trek is all inclusive and sends the message that everyone can go to space regardless of race, gender, and so on.

I would like to see the franchise branch out and show disabled people in space. So far, I think they've only done that with Geordi LaForge and his blindness bypassed by technology.

2. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

3. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Well that's lovely. Presumably you cloak your views in inclusive, neutral questions like "what the hell is a non binary".

Google is a thing.

Google is a thing.

Google is a thing.

Pro tip: "relationship" is the word you were looking for.

And there's the clincher.

I don't see this one becoming a great addition to the forum, it does not spark joy.

Edit to add: OP would like me to add that he apologizes for the thread.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.