Levitation is seems is not based on magnetism

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Dryson, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Dryson

Dryson Commodore Commodore

https://www.livescience.com/60956-water-droplets-levitate.html?utm_source=notification

"Worthless goddamn@d Daystrom Duotronic VI. It can't even create a forum header correctly."

"Here's how it works.

When a raindrop crashes into the surface of a puddle, the researchers found, twin engines kick in. The collision causes tiny currents to spin around inside the droplet as well as below the surface of the puddle. If you could peer into the droplet, you'd see water rushing downward along the edges inside the drop and then climbing back up toward the center, the new research found.

That spinning motion inside the droplet, invisible under most circumstances, creates enough force to tug on the air surrounding the droplet. The air forms into a thin, fast stream of wind that flows under the drop, holding it a hair's width above the surface, according to the new findings."

Although not very feasible for large craft such as land speeders, the uses for this technology could expand how nano fibers function as a whole.

Lets assume that water is being ran through a nano tube from the top and oil is being ran through a nano tube on the bottom. Based on the above experiment the interaction would be constantly controlled to allow for a hairs distance between the oil and water that would allow a tether on the space elevator for example to remain extremely rigid and durable but would also allow the structure of the nano tube tether to have a natural give in its structure that would provide more flexibility in the lower atmosphere of Earth where the temperatures are warmer.

More flexibility means less wear and tear on the tether allowing for a much longer life span of each strand of the individual tether.

2. Dryson

Dryson Commodore Commodore

I was also looking at the slow motion image of the water droplet as well as figure a.

What if a sun collapsing into a black hole functions in the same way? The plane representing the oil is space-time that we cannot see or detect which could in fact be dark matter.

As the sun collapses into a disk, much the same as the drop of water electrical currents interact with dark matter to keep the sun suspended for a Planck second. After the electrical current is transferred back into the sun it collapses into a spinning black hole where the currents of electricity are transferred to another Universe.

3. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

OMG my brain died :D

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really tired of this guessing game pseudo-science crap, @Dryson.

5. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Almost always wrong but mostly harmless.

6. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

7. Gingerbread Demon

OK what was that .gif from?

Love the super cool flashing light behind him

8. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Supernatural. I forget the episode, but i think it's one of the Trickster ones.

9. Gingerbread Demon

OK no wonder he looked familiar but couldn't place it.