Let's think up ideas for a Season 4 of Torchwood

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Odon, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Odon

Odon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know that Season 3 looked like the series has come to an end, but since when has that stopped anyone? ;) Let's think up the silliest Torchwood episodes possible!

When a mysterious alien force compels a beautiful woman to have sex with any male that catches her eye, Torchwood investigates why this plot has appeared in every sci-fi series ever made.

Captain Harkness searches desperately for an alien translation matrix so he can understand the accents of his Welsh coworkers. Unfortunately the only one available is in the town of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Harkness spends the rest of the episode trying to pronounce the directions, then gives up.

Trapped miles from anyone shaggable, Captain Harkness spends a night of passion with a beautiful Welsh sheep, only to find the poor ewe slaughtered the next day by alien cattle mutilators. Can Harkness avenge his lost love?

Captain Harkness is convinced that aliens are behind the mysterious pregnancy of every woman of child-bearing age in the town of Midwich. When asked why Harkness replies: "Every case we investigate involves aliens shagging. Why should this be any different?"

Due to workplace equality laws Harkness is forced to employ a man who isn't hot, bisexual or socially disfunctional. He then gets taken over by an alien who alters his DNA to give him the body of an Adonis and the sexual drive of Lord Byron. Needless to say this is quite traumatic for the fellow, but the other members of Torchwood console him with a big orgy.

A massive warfleet crewed by pizza-like aliens arrives over Cardiff, demanding to know why their ambassador arrived for a secret meeting with Torchwood 3 only to be sliced up, devoured along with several pints of lager, then regurgitated into the nearest toilet.

2. V'ger

V'ger Lieutenant Red Shirt

its simple what they can do witht eh next series.
    leave jack out of it for a while and have Gwen struggling to rebuld Torchwood with a new assembled team and do it with Jack returning and trying to win back his place as top dog because he ran away like a little girl

3. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Actually, I think I'd be more inclined to watch Odon's version of S4. It's pretty true to the first two seasons. ;)

4. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

V'Ger had the same idea as I did. What I want to see is Jack return to Earth to find Torchwood having been built back to a huge secret organization with hundreds of staff, scientists and troops. Gwen would be a field team leader but would be butting heads with the bureaucratic heads appointed by the queen / royalty, who seek to return Torchwood back to its glory days versus a threesome of renegades hiding underground.

Jack would struggle to find a place in the new Torchwood, given that his 100+ years of experience with them would be valuable to many of the new institute. Meanwhile, he'd find himself in a new relationship, and lo and behold - it's a girl this time! :P

Mark

5. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

If we're thinking up silly plots for S4, don't forget Children of Earth gave us a beauty since Gwen was pregnant at the end. Two words: mutant baby. :evil:

Alex

6. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Not sick enough. I think Gwen should give birth to herself, find out that she's her own mother, and hide the truth from Rhys because she doesn't want him to learn that he has nothing to do with the birth of their child.

7. Winterwind

Still not sick enough. Jack needs to exhume Ianto's partly decomposed corpse, use another resurrection glove and... Hey, what's a little necrophilia to an omni-sexual like Jack?

The only question will be whether Undead Ianto can still make a good cup of coffee.

8. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know it's pretty much a joke thread, but...

I'm anticipating the return of Torchwood more than I ever thought I wood be.

Children Of Earth, really set the bar for Torchwood should be (An Adult-Styled look at how Humanity might confront the horrors of a universe when the Doctor is nowhere to be seen.)

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

On the one hand Children of Earth was brilliant, on the other I think we have to prepare ourselves for the fact that S4 might not be anywhere near as good. Personally somewhere between the level of S2 and 3 would be acceptable for me. I hope they prove me wrong and its as good as CoE.

10. Winterwind

I think it's going to be pretty damned hard to top S3. Honestly, for me, I'd prefer they ended it with the old "leave them wanting more" than to see something mediocre.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I too am anticipating the return of "Torchwood" and agree that series three has set the bar level in terms of everything we have come to love about the show. I personally think that similar to "Batman 3" Russell just has to take the time to figure out a decent or entertaining plot before jumping back into it. Also IMO I think a crossover with the Eleventh Doctor would be nice to kick start Jack back into returning to Earth. Right now IMO Jack needs a reason to return to Earth and when he does return I think I like the idea of Gwen rebuilding and organizing Torchwood from the ground up, kind of like her assuming leadership after series one. I'm also partial to the idea of recruiting Mickey and Martha (perhaps Gwen sees that the two of them need to focus their efforts but also gives them free rein due to her leadership style) maybe Alfonso joins the team if he's still with Jack.

12. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Alfonso? d'you mean Alonso?

i think it should come back as a co-production with an American cable channel and have a globalised storyline.