Law & Order: SVU Season 14 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Starbreaker, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was incredibly pleased with the 2-part opener. Great appearances by Paget Brewster, a subdued Adam Baldwin, Ron Rifkin, and Peter Jacobson. It really did feel 'epic' somehow - like a mini movie. I didn't think that Dean Winters as Brian Cassidy could keep being interesting, but he was too.

I had no idea how Cragen was going to get out of all of that unscathed without the episode becoming convoluted, but everything all made sense in the end. The only thing I'm really not too keen on is Amara and his wife. It just seems like a carbon copy of the Stabler situation with less kids. Why can't a character on a crime drama be in a happy marriage?

Here is some info on 14x03

Looks like some Shades of Greyish stuff is going to be going on... and Adam Baldwin might be sticking around for awhile longer.

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It was weird seeing Adam Baldwin being so restrained. Not his usual kind of role but he pulled it off...not that he had much to do. I thought that he'd get more screentime than he did.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Harris turned out not to be such a bad guy after all (especially since he is apparently returning). I rather appreciated that.

As for Amaro's marriage: Agreed. Dick Wolf seems to have caught Whedonitis - not allowing any of his characters to be happy. Still, there's time to fix it.

4. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yea that was good, but to be honest, I found the character to be a bit on the bland side.

:lol: Whedonitis? Dick Wolf, for the most part, hasn't let most of his characters be happy, one of the exceptions being Stabler and his wife having their son, that was a good moment there. Other than that, there's been a lot of drama on his shows.

*Also, it would have been nice if Goren and Eames got together... damn it :p.* But oh well... at least they ended up being able to go back to work at the end of the series.* <-- Criminal Intent, an example of Dick Wolf and his relationship issues :lol:, he never really let that many characters have relationships with one another, main characters, that is, Sam and Claire, aside.

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed tonight's episode. Kathryn Erbe was looking especially nice as Eames. The set they used for homeland security looked really familiar. Anybody recognize what else that has been used in? My favorite part had to have been the last scene with Eames & Olivia just drinking in the bar. That was some really fantastic writing.

6. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was an ok episode. It was nice to see Eames again. But the one sour note, was when she said 'he moved on' <--- paraphrased... that didn't fit Goren the last time we saw him. He seemed to be refreshed and ready to go back to work again. Ready to solve more puzzles. He didn't seem like the type of person to just move on. Again, it's just me. Seemed like more Dick Wolf bull again :rolleyes:. If I'm wrong there, I'm sorry. But it seemed to just rub me the wrong way.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ "Moving on" can mean anything....maybe Goren returned to his old job with Army intelligence?