Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - "Trade" (spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Nth Doctor, May 7, 2008.

?

How do you rate tonight's episode?

1. Excellent

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Very Good

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Good

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Mediocre

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Tonight's episode was decent, if a bit predictable. The only thing I didn't see coming was the lawyer pulling P.J. down with her, but I wasn't surprised she was the killer considering the backstabbing between father and son and her shaky performance as a lawyer (I wouldn't be surprised if she slept with the judge that got the injunction blocking the warrant to open up the safe).

Stephen Collins was fun to watch, although this was no 7th Heaven. :lol:

One bonus for this episode: Munch and Fin outside of the precinct together again! :D

Speaking of which, next week's promo looks heated although...
    Looks like Special Victims Unit is copying the original series on big dramatic, sketchy departure for one of its detectives, in this case Lake. And good riddance, I never liked her. We already know he's leaving and so is Casey. I bet she's somehow involved and that's the big twist.

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was pretty good. I knew the lawyer was the killer early on (she just screamed crazy desperate friend with a crush), but those last few seconds, yikes! It was entertaining, at least, and way better than the last two episodes!

3. Winged Victory

Winged Victory Captain Captain

I confess, I was losing interest towards the end, but it certainly was nice to see Munch and Fin together again! A so-so episode that I thought was just "good".
    like something we just saw on the mothership. I agree; good riddance to Adam Beach: I found his acting wooden and speech stilted and akward at best. I wonder how they're going to show Casey the door? I'll miss her!

4. Dayton3

Dayton3 Admiral

I had a feeling about the lawyer when Novak commented on her sleeping with her client (P.J.).

But no, I didn't see the ending coming until she embraced him at the end.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The lady lawyer was such a putz (and poorly dubbed, at that) so I figured she was the killer. :lol:

Is there anything left to charge the dad with? He wasn't the killer, and he didn't bribe the juror. Could they still make a conspiracy charge stick, since he shuttled the son off to Aruba?

Stephen Collins is cool, yes. Are he and Kate Mulgrew (who was also on SVU awhile back) the only major Trek alumni to do L&O?

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Colm Meany was the judge for the two-hour CI that first united the Logan-Goren duos.

7. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Brent Spiner was also on Criminal Intent.

8. Dayton3

Dayton3 Admiral

To me the most ridiculous thing was the very end.

Do you really think the detectives would've let the father and son go to the roof with them to confront the lawyer?

Much less let the son go to the edge and embrace her?

Now what would've been really cool would have been if the lawyer, while standing on the ledge had pulled out a gun and shot both the father and son to death.

Then stepped down and smirked as she surrendered herself............