Laura's Art challenge entries

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Laura Cynthia Chambers, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's my entry for the art contest - some pass cards!

From left to right, top to bottom:

Beamin - a transporter pass
    Fleetpass - Starfleet all-purpose transit/credit/access card
    Holoha - a holodeck/suite pass
    Replique - replicator credits

I've used Klingon, Human, Vulcan, and Andorian names as placeholder names in that order.

What do you think? I dunno if it really counts as "art" because all I did was use a bunch of shapes word art and text from Powerpoint.

[​IMG]

Rekkert likes this.
  2. Soran77

Soran77 Commander Red Shirt

Still good!

3. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Thanks. What got me thinking about this was the transit pass we use, which is called PRESTO, and then I also recalled the public transporters they had at the Yorktown in Star Trek Beyond.

4. Cyfa

Cyfa Captain Captain

5. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Okay...having a card with only one thing on it allows for some control over who can access it and who can't and how.

6. Laura Cynthia Chambers

[​IMG]

Here's my July entry - Pike rescuing cadets from the class J training ship. I wasn't too clear about the details when I drew this last night - I imagined that there was a fire inside, and I suppose there could be if certain things overheated, etc. This is a while before he succumbs to the delta rays. Not sure if it even resembles Pike much. Here he is carrying one cadet and supporting another. Notice the arm sticking out behind a console just above the male cadet's head - still more to save.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  7. Cyfa

Cyfa Captain Captain

Can't go wrong with a bit of Pike! Oh, that poor cadet behind that console - it's good to know that she or he will be soon be carried to safety.

8. Laura Cynthia Chambers

[​IMG]
    This is likely to be my entry, so I'll just post it here. It came to me last night. Remember the TNG episode "The Arsenal of Freedom", where Riker claims to have a ship called the Lollipop? (Okay, I don't remember the episode too well from seeing it, just reading about it on Memory Alpha - see here: https://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Lollipop) The idea of doing a lollipop-shaped ship appealed to me, so here it is. All the images are copy and paste of the original, rotated so you can appreciate it from 4 different angles. It's a Dart-class ship, built for long range exploration. The saucer, which is where most of the crew are located, can separate from the body if necessary.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Cyfa and Admiral2 like this.
  9. Laura Cynthia Chambers

[​IMG]
    Here's Riker standing proudly next to a model of the ship on his shelf. Note the PADD with a smaller version of the ship's picture on it (I copied and shrunk the image to add it.) Also the replicator on the wall, the planet, sun, and starship outside the window, and a curtain that looks like Deanna's contribution to the decor.

Admiral2 and Cyfa like this.
  10. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Coolies :)