List Only! Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Damian

Damian Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked most of Generations. I really liked the Nexus (I know there's mixed opinions about that but I thought it was a great plot device...I always like the weird and unusual). The only thing that I don't care for is how Kirk finally dies. Not that he died or the reasons he gave his live, just how it was done (I thought his "first" death on the Enterprise-B was spot on though---dying to save the Enterprise and alone as he indicated in STV---and it's interesting in a way that even then he managed to cheat death one last time, tying it to TWOK as well).

Oh, and I was sad to see the demise of the Enterprise-D. I hated that ship when I first saw it on "Encounter at Farpoint", but somehow it grew on me and became one of my favorites. Funny how that happens sometimes.

Anyway, I'm currently doing an animated series rewatch (in production order) and last night I watched "The Slaver Weapon", one of my favorites of the animated series.

2. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Everyone’s favourite episode, Threshold

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

A couple more Voyager episodes tonight

Darkling - I wonder which actor overacted the most. Siddig in "The Visitor" or Picardo in this episode. Man that wasn't good. :guffaw:

Rise - These stretch of episodes is sometimes considered the trilogy of terror, but I actually have grown to like this episode over the years. The plot is basic and it's another alien of the week story, but the relationship between Tuvok and Neelix is always worth watching and it was great here.

4. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Remembrance (PIC) - wonderful, great start to the show.

Initiations (VOY) - this is one whose very cliché warrior race premise actually works fairly well. You learn some interesting things about the Kazon and Aron Eisenberg is great as Kar.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I think the first two-thirds are solid, but once they get into the Nexus, it kinda goes off the rails. I thought it was a missed opportunity not to give us five minutes inside of Soran's experience.

6. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

I hate Generations because of Kirk's death and refuse to watch it. To each his/her own, of course.

Lord Garth likes this.
  7. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

He gave up eternity in paradise to save 230,00,000 people who will never know he even existed.

I mean...how much more heroic can a death be?

:shrug:

cultcross and BillJ like this.
  8. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Imagery is everything. The last we see of Kirk is underneath a collapsed bridge.

9. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

That was fine with me. That part didn't matter nearly as much as what he did ("did we make a difference?").

I will say I did not like them leaving him under a pile of rocks on the planet.

cultcross and BillJ like this.
  10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

We're not really sure they did. When Picard was burying him, I don't think he knew what happened to the Enterprise nor that a rescue team was on the way. I imagine they beamed Kirk's body aboard during the rescue operations.

Don't want to leave the Veridians a mystery when they make it to Veridian IV.

11. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

The Return of the Archons (TOS Blu-Ray)

BillJ likes this.
  12. Damian

Damian Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that's the very reason I don't have a problem for the reasons he died, or that he did die. I kind of wish they maybe pointed that out a bit at the end. You kind of forget about the people on Veridian III by the end. But I just wish it was better than dying under a collapsed bridge. It seemed sort of anti-climatic.

One of the post Generations novels did note that the remains of the Enterprise and Kirk's remains would need to be removed due to the prime direct

Yes, you know I was always curious about that. It might have clued us in a bit into Soran's obsession. And it might have been interesting to see a 'good' Soran. Maybe in the Nexus he was the guy who "wouldn't hurt a fly". I would have liked to have seen that Soran for a few minutes. Perhaps Picard would have encountered Soran in the Nexus and perhaps 'good' Soran would have helped Picard in some fashion (maybe not to stop Soran so much but maybe give Picard some perspective that helps him move on from the death of his brother and nephew). It was a missed opportunity I think.

BillJ likes this.
  13. Armus

Armus Commodore Commodore

DS9- Distant Voices. This episode reminds me of Shades of Grey. In both episodes the character afflicted is near death in a coma. He experiences strange dreams and visions that represent his unconscious struggle to fight for his life. Great score by Dennis McCarthy.

14. tomalak301

Favorite Son - This episode sucked. Worst Kim episode of the series

Before and After - This episode is actually in my top 10 and it's my favorite Kes episode of the series. It's Time Travel done in a unique and very interesting way. Also, it introduced my favorite Kes look, which I guess is a minority opinion. :(

Damian likes this.
  15. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

And that says something!!

16. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

"Coda": Janeway gets to be at her own funeral, a rare privilege. It was fake but I imagine the real one would have been pretty much like that. An interesting variation on TNG's "Cause And Effect" with a soul-sucking (literally it seems) alien in the mix.

"Blood Fever": I like it. Plus B'Lanna choosing herself as her champion is so fitting!! Of course, she turned the presumptuous little Vulcan into kindling!!:rommie:

"Darkling": Not as bad as people usually make it out to be. Picardo is very good even if the role is not up to par.

"Before And After": Kes' swan song. Proof positive that they could have taken a different route...

"Distant Origin": I like that episode! don't ask me why! I just do. Maybe it's the idea of smart dinosaurs... I don't know.

17. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Hard Time (DS9 on Netflix)

1001001 likes this.
  18. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Projections (VOY) - An inconsequential episode which just about manages an interesting mystery at the beginning. Notable for introducing Barclay to Voyager and Lewis Zimmerman to the franchise.

Elogium (VOY) - oh dear lord. That is all.

19. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

"Scorpion (both)": I guess Janeway is right if you're going to violate your principles, you'd better do it on a grand scale!!! I mean what's billions of lives, thousands of planets compared to a passage home?

"The Gift": Kes pushed Voyager safely beyond Borg space (according to Janeway) but they'll still keep showing up until the very end of the show. I guess the Borg are like herpes...

"Day Of Honor": You have to admire B'elanna's professionalism. Bothering one of her crew with questions of guilt while she's working on... something critical. As for the genius who goes off on Seven. I guess it never occurred to him that his wife might be doing the things he blames on Seven at that very moment...

"Nemesis": If my mother's mother had circular objects revolving around an axle in order to enable a vehicle to move, she'd be a multi-passenger horseless carriage!

20. tomalak301

@Discofan

why did you skip Displaced and Worst Case Scenerio in your rewatch. Ok Displaced might not be good but WCS is a pretty decent episode of Voyager.

thribs likes this.