List Only! Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

TNG: Encounter at Farpoint (part 2), streamed on Netflix.

I also watched Prelude to Axanar on YouTube.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  2. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Babel DS9

3. DS9 - Season 4. "Little Green Men"
    very enjoyable episode... :)

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

"Descent, Part II" - Star Trek: The Next Generation

5. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Yesterday's Enterprise: Top notch!

6. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TOS, "The Apple." Wow, horrendously awful episode!

7. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

You're allowed only one bite of The Apple...:D

8. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I suffer for the board, I was rewatching to see if "The Apple" properly fit the theme of an upcoming elimination game list (it's borderline, but I hated it to so much I'll probably keep it on just to have the fun of eliminating it).:bolian:

Back on thread theme... now watching TOS: "Gamesters Of Triskelion"

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

“Living Witness” - Star Trek: Voyager

10. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

As I rewatch DS9, watched the entire occupation arc in one sitting last night. Still the most epic grouping of Trek eps evah.

11. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Maquis: Part I (STDS9)

12. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Waking Moments" - Voyager
    "Message in a Bottle" - Voyager
    "Hunters" - Voyager

13. DS9 - Season 4 - "The Sword of Kahless"

Walls of fire on one side,
    rivers of lava on the other...
    We snaked our way through
    the hot, smoldering canyon

oh Kor... i love how you tell a story

14. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Despite Yourself - Disco.

15. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Preemptive Strike - TNG

16. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

Plato's Stepchildren (TOS Blu-ray). Ground-breaking interracial kiss notwithstanding, this is a really bad episode. Its only redeeming feature is Kirk's line "Alexander, where I come from, size, shape, or color makes no difference."

17. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Lethe -Disco

18. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

VOY "Sacred Ground."
    Interesting concepts.

Kor

19. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

TOS: Mostly season 3 but had to dip back into season 1 to remind of how the show was pretty much perfect from the get-go.

"Dagger of the Mind" - a robust sci-fi episode with horror trappings that can't be topped... and possible if not partial influence for season 3's "Whom Gods Destroy" (with Keye Luke in a role that easily could and should have been bigger and better to suit his acting talents with), at least 77 other episodes didn't have the Enterprise going back to galactic psych wards...

"Wink of an Eye" - interesting episode with lots of set pieces that future Trek and other sci-fi shows would use the best of, but as a whole this episode isn't more than the sum of its parts, and sets up the Scalosion problem in ways that just don't happen via natural catastrophes so finely (only men are sterile? That's a stretch... children died? Then making more of those isn't going to help, and why isn't Kirk bringing up Starfleet to come in and help the way he often use to in previous seasons?)

"And the Children Shall Lead" - a few good set pieces don't make up for a pretty cringeworthy misfire of an episode, complete with pistachio and chocolate wobble ice cream with peaches (Say what??!) to insure the required nausea... except it's the child wanting that concoction and not the audience-- that combination sounds really gross, but whatever. And what got the children to take solace under the wing of an evil angel that has no charisma that's also wearing an alluring... shower curtain? That lack of sartorial taste alone would drive any parent bonkers... and is he the only Gorgon (not to be conflated with the species of the same name from the mid-70s comedy "Quark") or are there others? At least the kids cried and grieved after the Gorgon was defeated.

"Plato's Stepchildren" I just rolled with the high concept of telekinetic force and controlling others' minds, which is a little more fantastical than the mind control used in "Dagger of the Mind" but suitably horrific nonetheless. The actors do a commendable job with the material, even the most humiliating stuff because that's what the Platonians are doing to our heroes and Alexander's and McCoy's reactions are spot on. But the fact everyone hypes up the world's first interracial kiss when Great Britain did it years earlier, and not via the constraint-free nature of sci-fi where - far worse - our characters' bodies are being controlled by the Platonians psychically to force the issue... Consider that in no other time and in no other show has what's clearly sexual assault ever been given warm applause?! Ugh. Kirk had the best line in the episode to Alexander, but season 3 is showing to have many episodes with lax or open endings in general (Wink of an Eye, Cloud Minders, Plato's Stepchildren all instantly come to mind...)

20. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Prey" - Voyager